Chapter Three - Breakfast Gossip

The great hall was buzzing with the newest gossip of Hogwarts. Students who didn't even know what happen were telling the story.

At the Slytherin table talk was about how the girl was just begging for more attention. "I heard that she was attempting broom surfing and fell" a third year explained "No, no, you've got it all wrong she was hit by a bludger in the stomach you nitwit" "No you bloody idiots obviously she did it on purpose she just wanted more attention because being the teams seeker wasn't enough for her half-blood self" another scoffed.

At the Huffelpuff table stories were more sympathetic. A group of 7th year girls were whispering "the poor girl won't even be able to walk again" "I heard that her team don't even wanna be seen with her because she lost them the game" "Oh no really? That's awful!"

The Ravenclaw table has the more accurate part of the story but we're discussing her chances of recovery. "I heard that Madam Pumfrey is giving her a potion. She has about a 2% chance she'll be able to walk again" "Well that's a 98% chance she won't. She's practically connected to wheels for the rest of her life." "I don't think Pumfrey is going to tell her that though. She's trying to give the poor girl hope" "Its not all about the numbers you know. There could be some miracle" "Fat chance"

The Gryffindors on the other hand were all trying to avoid the gossip but the team couldn't help but discuss the increases in their teams chances of winning the quidditch cup. Oliver Wood had been ecstatic and had called the team over to discuss the situation. "Ok listen up I know it's tragic how that Darp girl got hurt"

"Sharp" Katie Bell corrected.

"Yeah whatever. Sharp, doesn't matter. They lost their seeker. She was probably the best seeker in this school. No offense Harry."

Harry laughed "None taken she was pretty good"

"Exactly! Was, being the key word there" Oliver said overjoyed. "Now Harry is the best seeker in school"

"Oliver no offense to your big ego, but come on, the girl was just in an accident and all you can think about is how our team is going to preform" George explained.

"Well sorry Fred but we need to learn from their mistakes!" Oliver said.

"It's George" he muttered under his breath. Fred rolled his eyes.

Oliver ignored the two and continued. "Fred, George you need to step up your game. If Ravenclaws beaters had been paying attention she would still be playing. So from now on we will be training extra"

Angelina sunk in her seat "Oliver you've already got us practicing as much as we're allowed!"

"Then we'll just have to practice harder and more efficiently in the time we have." The whole team was furious and all started protesting but then the whole hall feel silent. The team looked around to see what the fuss was and noticed everyone looking towards the entrance.

"Is that her?" Fred asked eyeing the girl who just rolled into the hall towards Ravenclaw table. But she had one look around and left. The hall then progressively got louder once she had gone.

"No Fred its just some other girl that is in a wheelchair" Harry scoffed.

———

Camille took one look around in the great hall seeing the staring looks and decided she wasn't ready. She turned right around leaving the hall. Grant saw her leave the hall and went after her but heard something coming from Gryffindors table that made him stop. He walked angrily towards the quidditch team and demanded "Who said that?!"

The team all looked up at him and Katie asked "Who said what?"

"Who said that Camille deserved to be in a wheelchair?!" Grant almost yelled face turning red.