Chapter Fourteen - Meet Millie

Camille was currently reading through the pages of a very old book. The pages all tattered and sun damaged turning them a coffee tinted brown. She had been studying to revise her potions paper on the difference between yacktsling and starlekret potion when she happened upon a book that looked far more interesting.

The book contained the theories of fairies, which to Camille was much more interesting than potions. She was just getting to a chapter on the different powers of magical fairies when a shadow crossed over the pages of her book.

She looked up to see a towering ginger looking somewhat jittery. He looked familiar to her. She felt that she had met him before. When he smiled she remembered, this same boy had helped her a few weeks back pick up her things in the corridor.

"May I?" He asked while gesturing to the empty cushion on the sofa next to her. Camille nodded.

"Thank you," Camille said quietly as the boy sat down, "for helping me that one day, in the corridor."

He smiled then nodded. "George!"

Camille furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"I mean my name, it's George. George Weasley." He extended his hand to shake hers.

She gently closed her book, momentarily ignoring his hand. His face fell, defeated and then after his hand retreated she mumbled, "Camille Sharp."

George perked up "Well it's nice to meet you, Millie!"

"Oh no, no.. it's Camille." She struggled to suppress a smile when the boy chuckled.

"Sorry miss, but I definitely heard you say Millie." He stood and faced her extending out his hand again, this time she took it shaking gently. "See ya round Millie." He winked and he left with a proud grin.

———

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Cho asked late that night while both the girls were getting ready for bed.

"Oh nothing." Camille dismissed, pushing herself out of her wheelchair and into her bed.

Cho shook her head, "well to be fair I haven't seen you smile that much since, well before, I mean, I'm not complaining. It's just, unusual."

"Found a good book at the library today." She fluffed her pillow and then hugged it to her chest. "Was about fairy theory, pretty interesting read. You should check it out sometime."

"You can't just change the topic on me like that. It's rude." Cho turned her head sharply whipping her hair into her face. "Was it a boy?!"

Camille ignored her as she started platting back her hair.

"Cam! C'mon, you've got to tell me now!"

Their conversation was shortly interrupted when their dorm room door squeaked open.
Cho and Camille's heads turned towards the door to see their other doom mate walk in and straight to the bathroom connected to their dorm.

Quietly Camille whispered, "I never said it was about a boy." A faint tint of pink crept its way up her neck heating her face.

"The blush on your cheeks says otherwise." Cho plopped onto Camille's bed. "Go on!"

"There's nothing to say. He just said 'hi' as he walked past." She scratched her eyebrow and then tied the end of her braid with an elastic. "Honest."

"I wish I'd believe ya. But you've gotta tell." Cho pointed to the brunette's eyebrow, "you always scratch your brow after you lie."

Camille huffed, "you can be very annoying you know." She tossed her pillow back onto the head of her bed. "But so can I. I ain't telling you anything. Please get off my bed."