Chapter Seven - Pencil Snatcher

"Fred! Fred slow down!" George yelled running to catch up with his older twin brother. They were heading back to their dorm to plan the nights holidays big finally.

"Hurry up mate!" Fred scoffed. George finally caught up half way up the moving staircase. "What was the hold up?" Fred questioned.

George took a deep breath. "Was helping a girl pick up some stuff she dropped"

Fred raised his eyebrows with a smirk. "A girl huh?"  His tone rising. "She pretty?"

George looked at him with slightly furrowed eyebrows. "I um, yeah I suppose.. Why does it matter?" He questioned. As he skipped the stubborn stair that would sometimes vanish making you trip.

"Georgies found a girl" Fred slyly spoke in a sing song tone.  He nudged George in the side with a bent elbow teasing his little brother.

"No! I just helped her pick up her quills and parchment" he looked down speaking a bit quieter now. "I only said two words to her" he mumbled slightly smacking his face. "She must've thought I was being rude."

Fred chuckled. "What we're they? Marry me?" he teased.

"Don't be stupid! Of course not. I'd only just met her" George shoved Fred towards the wall attempting to get pass this irritating conversation. Muttering "bloody git" while he was skipping at least five stairs ahead.

"Well did you at least get her name?!" Fred nearly yelled briskly skipping stairs to meet back up with his brother. "Hey! George! Slow down will ya?!"

George ignored him. He reached their common room portrait. The fat lady rolled her eyes at who had just arrived, she was tired of the bickering, teasing and prank planning she always heard from them when she had to wait for the password. "Password" she said annoyed. Instead of waiting for ages like she usually had to with the twins George immediately answered. "Fortuna Major." To which the fat lady was surprised. She opened her portrait to let the first twin through. Fred following behind before the door closed.

"George wait up!" Fred hollered running after him up the stairs to their dorm. He followed George into their dorm and watched him flop onto his bed.

Fred followed the action onto his own bed putting his arms behind his head and kicking his feet up to rest on one of the four pillars holding up the curtains to his four poster bed. "What's her name?" He asked again.

"I don't know" George breathed out scratching his forehead. In reality he knew exactly who the girl was, it was the one everyone in the school was talking about. How could you not know Camille Sharp? "I didn't ask." George shot up in his bed causing him to go slightly dizzy. After he recovered from the light headedness he looked straight at Fred. "Why does it matter? I had a thirty second encounter with a girl and you won't let it go. Why?"

Fred chuckled. "To be honest" he paused thinking of the reason he was making a big deal out of nothing. "I don't know."

George scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Are we going to plan this prank or what?"

"Actually I've changed my mind, figured I'd study for my Owls." Fred joked having no intention of studying at all that year for the exam in the spring. He sat up becoming serious. "Reckon we should have some sort of explosion. What do you think?"

George smiled with a mischievous glint in his eye. "Of course. Why not explode the prefects  lavatories? We did promise Ginny a toilet seat."

Fred mocked a face deep in thought "We never did get to mail her one did we?" He smirked.

———