Chapter Twelve - Curious

The doors to the infirmary were opened and the group of adolescents flooded their way inside, trailing behind Harry. The boy was gently put down on the bed and the air felt thick. George felt immense pressure in his chest, his ability to breathe; restricted. That was until he noticed her.

Across the room she sat. With her hands in her hair delicately running her fingers from the roots to ends of her long chocolate locks. He watched as she sat herself up straighter trying to see who the newcomer was to the room, not paying any attention to George himself.

He felt the urge to walk over to her, introduce himself, to make himself known. But his brother was right next to him. George couldn't, this was something he felt that he needed to do alone, without the watchful eye of his twin.

George felt a harsh nudge to the side of his abdomen from the elbow said twin. "Hear that, what a shame."

Not entirely sure what exactly Fred was referring to he shook his head and tutted "such a shame."

Ron then spoke up while rearranging the bulky item in his hands "he looks a bit peaky. Doesn't he?"

"Peaky?! What do you expect?" Fred remarked.

"Fell over a hundred feet." George spoke now back into conversation. "Come on Ron, let's walk you off the astronomy tower-"

"And see what you'd look like." Fred finished.

"Probably a right side better than he normally does." Harry breathed out, coming back into consciousness.

George chuckled a sigh of relief along with the rest of the group. "You gave us a right good scare there mate" he admitted while sluggishly taking the seat next to Harry's bed, if he was being honest he was quite tired after an intense game of quidditch like today's.

He slumped down lower into the seat trying to relax. The sound of his little brother and his friends explaining to Harry how his broom broke, had become static when his gaze wandered back to the girl across the room. He couldn't figure out why he wanted to talk to her so badly. It was this tugging urge in his chest that made it hard to think.

He felt drawn to her for some inexplicable reason, he felt that he needed to connect with her in ways that he couldn't quite grasp in his mind. He just knew one thing; He needed to know this girl.

———

Camille was generally an analytical person, one could say it was in her nature to be curious, so when there was a large crowd of students following behind a cot she couldn't help but observe. She couldn't fully see who in fact was being brought in, but she assumed it to be someone from the Gryffindor quidditch team.

She tried to look past the group of face painted teens covered in maroon and red, but found no luck when they kept moving round the bed blocking her view. She could hear some part of the conversation once the boy had woken up and the group had quieted to hear him.

From what she gathered, Oliver Wood, Gryffindor's quidditch captain, was trying to drown himself in the showers.

Just then Madam Pumfey had approached Camille, distracting her from the Gryffindors across the room, and presented her with this month's potion. She sneered at the cup but took it nonetheless.

If anyone told Camille that there were worse things in the world than having to take this potion, she would hex them to the afterlife.

So later when Jeremy asked her what it tasted like she could only glare at him. "You don't want to know."

"Try me"

"Well," she paused with a look of amusement in her eyes, "I'd say something along the lines of troll vomit, mixed with an unruly amount of dragon droppings with just a hint of ear wax."

Cho grimaced, setting down her goblet of pumpkin juice, "How on earth, do you know what that tastes like- you know what I don't want to know."

"It doesn't sound that awful."

Then Jeremy was hit in the head with a pumpkin pastie.

"Oops." Grant smirked.

"Oops?"

Grant chucked "It slipped."

"Uh huh, slipped. Well to be the bigger person I'll let it slide. This time Page, just this once."

"You know Jeremy, I'm quite surprised that you didn't retaliate. Seems out of your nature not act immature." Cho teased.

"Oh yeah? Well maybe I'm not who you think I am! I'll have you know Cho that I am a very sophisticated person."

"Right, Jeremy, that just sounds ridiculous, I don't think you could even spell sophisticated."

"I can too. S-o-f-"

"You've already botched it!"

"Have not!"

"Have to! It's spelled-"

Grant rolled his eyes, pushed his hair out of his face and turned to Camille, "You know those two act like an old married couple."

"I'd have to disagree with you there." Camille laughed.

"Yeah? Why's that?"

"They've got the maturity of toddlers" she chuckled, "Honestly I don't know how those two haven't killed each other yet."

"Maybe they're secretly in love with each other, and this is their sick way of hiding it from one another." Grant paused with a sudden look of mischief in his eyes. He lent closer to Camille's ear, "wanna start a rumor?"

"Oh I'm so in."

—————
A/N
Hey all!
I know it's been forever! And sorry this chapter is a lot shorter than others. But I need to get back into this book. 
Thank you all so so much for 6K!!! Omg I didn't think this book would be at all popular. But thanks to everyone for reading and voting. I really appreciate it.

Okay. I have a question for you all. And I would really appreciate if I could get some feedback on this.
I've seen other fanfics where they would do a Q&A.
Would you guys be interested in that?

I was thinking I could do stuff like: Questions for me (can be about my intentions for specific characters or the book in general. I might answer personal if I'm comfortable with them), and questions for a specific character (Camille, Grant, George, etc.). And these would probably be posted after each year (like after PoA, GoF, etc...) I'd love to answer those questions. Let me know if you all would be interested.

Thanks again so much for all the support!! <3
-BecsA14-05