Chapter Fifteen - Uncle Pat

Hogsmead wasn't as fun as the Ravenclaws had hoped. In fact they left just after one butterbeer. The streets were just too crowded and for some reason not as chipper as usual. Apparently that's what happens when there is a mass murder on the loose.

Back at the castle in the confines of Ravenclaw tower the group found solstace. Grant and Cho sat on the floor right up next to the small fireplace with a really old, beat up board of chess. Jeremy was plopped in the poof chair with two too many blankets, and a book in his hand. Camille stayed in her chair, it was too much effort right now to move to sit on the loveseat. She really didn't mind tho. She had a perfect view of the game and felt the much needed warmth from the fire.

Camille had a small envelope in her hand. She assumed it was from her uncle since it hasn't been addressed with her name, but a silly scrawl of the word Pumpkin.

    Sweetheart,
    I'm so sorry to have taken so long to reply, it's not easy receiving mail from an owl while being a pilot. I think the bird may have been confused when I wasn't home. I've been in Nashville, you won't believe the girl I met. I'll be sure to tell you more when I see you over holiday.

    Now I'm sure right about now you really want me to get to the topic of your letter. Oh and pumpkin what a heavy topic it is. First I'll be completely honest with you when I say, I am no expert and am not entirely sure what to say. But I'll give it a go.

Camille was momentarily distracted when a loud thump came from the corner, where Jeremy was laid in the poof. But he wasn't in the poof, he was now on the floor in a heap of tangled blankets trying to wiggle his way out.

"Uhh, a little help please?" Jeremy pleaded after a few minutes of unsuccessful struggle.

The others were holding back laughs, well they were trying to.

"How in the world did you manage that mate?" Grant laughed.

"Dunno. Are you going to help me or not?"

Grant shook his head returning to his game of chess. But Cho was still distracted, "You are so dumb Stretton. How in the hell did you get stuck in blankets?!"

"Like I said, I dunno. Now come help me." He struggled some more and finally managed to get his left arm untangled, "never mind, I've got it."

Camille chuckled once more, returning to her letter.

    Having something as tragic as losing your ability to walk does something to a person. You may feel alone, you may feel scared, and I'm betting you feel extremely mad at the world right now. And believe me, I would be angry. There was a story I used to tell you when you were little. I'm sure you'll remember. The weird one about shoes and how people need to walk a mile in someone else's shoes. I know that if I were in your situation my feet would be killing me in your shoes. But here's the thing about you Pumpkin, you are strong. And you'll roll 10 miles in your new shoes. Because you are determined. I know this isn't exactly what you were hoping for but I'll prepare something better to tell you in person.

Camille smiled, somehow her uncle always knew what she needed to hear. Even if he didn't know it.

    And now onto the second part of your letter, I'll be brief to keep the letter from becoming a novel. Your parents are dumb, and I'm sorry they have somehow in their warped minds decided to blame this on you. It in no way is your fault. I'll speak (in a very friendly way, ;) don't worry) to your father. But that's really all I can do for now.

Keep being you, and have fun learning magical things. I'm not sure what else to write, and it's becoming awkward.

Camille chuckled, a bright smile appearing on her rosy lips.