Chapter Nine - Marauder's Map

"Oi! Fred where's the bloody map?!" George hollered digging through his trunk throwing items everywhere. He needed to properly introduce himself. "Fred!"

"Calm down there mate! It's in my trunk." Fred sat atop the trunk preventing George from getting in. "What do ya need it for?" He asked slyly with a smirk.

"Will you get off!" George grunted shoving his twin from the trunk labeled 'F.W.' Which was a slight orange tinted color unlike George's which was slightly tinted an olive green. Fred hit the floor with a clunk and stood back up frustrated. "George!! What the bloody hell do you need the ruddy map for that's so important?!"

George ignored him and continued rummaging through his brothers trunk tossing socks and prank products to the floor. "Ah! There it is!" George quickly grabbed the piece of folded parchment and ran to his bed.

Fred was getting rather annoyed now. He grabbed the parchment right from George's hand as he was pulling his wand from his trousers pocket. "What do you need it for?!" Fred demanded.

George huffed "Give it back and I'll show you. You twat!" He ripped the parchment back from his mirrored brother.

Fred scoffed and plopped himself next to George looking over his shoulder down at the blank piece of parchment.

George grabbed his wand again tapping the parchment in the middle. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." He stated softly. Soon ink began to appear on the blank page revealing the words 'Messieurs Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs are proud to present the Marauder's Map.' George quickly pulled open the parchment where small appearing and fading footsteps could be seen with a name attached to them.

"Who are you looking for?" Fred pondered looking down at the map where they were looking at where the majority of students were, the great hall.

George began scanning the names that appeared on the Ravenclaw table. But couldn't seem to find the girls name he was looking for. "I just wanted to see if um..." he paused thinking of someone he would be looking for. "Lee. Yeah haven't seen him all afternoon. Thought we could include him in our little fiasco tonight. What do ya recon?" George finished hurriedly.

Fred looked at George with a majorly questionable face. "You got the map. Looking for Lee?!" He nearly yelled out exasperated. "Who's the twat now?! You could've just asked me you ruddy idiot."

George gulped playing along with the 'Looking for Lee' story. "I suppose. Know where he is?" George asked still skimming the map for the girls name.

"In the common room talkin' it up with Alicia. I think he might fancy her." Fred stated thinking aloud. "That's not the point. I know your not looking for Lee."

George whipped his head up looking at Fred. "What?" He shook his head laughing "caught me. I was actually trying to see if.. if."

Fred cut him off "I suggest stopping before you make a bigger fool of yourself." George rolled his eyes. "Are you looking for that girl you bumped into earlier?" He asked knowingly.

George scoffed "Noooo..." he trailed off. He knew bending the truth was no use. "It's a possibly."

"Atta boy!" Fred clapped George on the back which made him rock forward.

George scowled at Fred. Looking back at the map he spotted some of the names he knew belonged to people the girl occasionally would be found with. "Shut your trap."

"Oh but my dear brother has found a cute girl and wishes to speak to her again." Fred took the map from his brother. "Now what's this lovely lady's name?"

George glowered muttering lowly "I already told you." He nicked the parchment back "I don't know!"

Fred smirked "Oh you really think I buy that lie? I know you know exactly who she is. And I recon you know precisely what her name is don't you?" He teased standing up and grabbing the map back yet again. "This isn't going to do you any good. Grab your trainers and let's go!"

George stood up fast "No!" He put his hand out to stop Fred. "No please I don't need you there. Just let me do this."

Fred knit his light red eyebrows together "are you positive?"

George nodded frantically "Yes I am positive. I can do this on my own. I don't need you overshadowing me."

Fred looked at George scanning his face noticing the sincere glint in his brothers eyes. "Alright. I suppose you'll be able to handle this one on your own." He pat his brother on the shoulder as George was tightening his laces. "Don't worry dear bother. Your too good lookin' for a girl to turn you down." He winked. "We're identical. Well I'm better looking obviously. But you'll still manage."

George stood up dusting off his sleeves to his brown, hand me down, fisherman's knitted jumper. He looked back to Fred "I'm the better looking twin you know that!" And he fled the room skipping down the stairs spotting Lee.

"Slow down there mate?! Where are you hurrying off to?" Lee asked standing up from an arm chair that was next to Alicia.

George stopped, looking to Lee "I uh- looking for someone. Sorry to rush but got to go. Fred's upstairs." Lee watched as George walked, much slower than his near sprint from before, out the portrait door.

Managing his way passed the moving staircase was easy. But as soon as George saw the entrance hall were he knew the girl to be he panicked. "Calm down you git." He muttered to himself  "Your just properly introducing yourself."

Camille, Grant and Jeremy were just turning the corner out the great hall when George spotted them. Abort! Abort mission. George thought. She had two very talented quidditch players next to her. One on each side. There was no way that George would be able to get her alone any time soon. When the trio had made it down the corridor and out of view from George's scouting spot, he walked into the great hall. He didn't see any of his friends around but spotted his younger brother, who was sporting the same red hair and freckles as George but was much smaller and pudgier.

George approached Ron and his friends Harry and Hermionie. "Why are you always stuffing your face?" George asked when he saw Ron shoving yet another piece of sausages into his mouth.

Hermionie, a bushy haired girl in her third year nodded her head agreeing with George. "What did you need..." she paused considering which twin she was talking to "George?"

George sat down next to Harry, the raven haired boy with a lightning scar on his forehead, also known as 'the boy who lived'. "Just grabbing something to eat." He grabbed a roll from Ron's place and he looked at George with a stern face. "What? You've got enough." He finished buttering the roll then stood up "Well I'll see you around."

On his way back up to the common room George picked at the roll. Once back in his common room he was stopped by Fred. "Soooo?"

"I couldn't find her" George said simply while sitting on one of the chairs surrounding the common room fire.

"More like you didn't try to find her." Fred said pulling out the map.

"You were spying on me?!" George asked not really fathomed by his brothers actions.

"I was looking out for you. And I saw you waiting in the corridor for some boys on the Ravenclaw team to pass for you to just walk into the great hall and talk with Ron!" Fred pocketed the parchment.

George looked at Fred confused. 'Two Ravenclaw boys?'  But he knew there was a girl with them. The exact girl he was looking for. How could the map have missed that.

"Unless it was Hermione." Fred's tone rose "Was it Hermione?! She's the only girl I saw you around."

George shook his head "No, no, no. We know little Ickle Ronnikins has a fancy for her. Even tho he won't admit it." George laughed "And she fancies him."

Fred scoffed "Will you just tell me who the girl is already?!"

"Like I said. We never properly met."

"You still know her name" Fred argued.

"Never said I was gunna tell you what it was." George smugly announced. He stood up and started for the stairs to the boys dorm.

"Oi! Where you goin?" Fred asked following.

"We've got a toilet room to explode. We need at least one responsible person to finish the planning so no one gets hurt." George said literally walking away from the old conversation.