Chapter 31

After sorting a few things Harry arranged for him and Louis to go back to Doncaster, Louis' hometown, the next day. Louis couldn't think of a way to get ahold of his mom, he didn't know her number and his phone was still at Jack's. 

So, now all Louis had to do was wait. Which seemed easy enough, but it just wasn't. He didn't have much time and he felt like he was wasting so much of what he didn't have. He didn't have any control over it, though.

"Lou, are you still awake?" Harry asked groggily. They had laid down for bed almost 5 hours ago and Louis couldn't sleep, even while he was held by his alpha, which always seemed to help. 

"Yeah," he hummed in response. "Can't sleep." He elaborated. "Baby," The alpha huffed regretfully, feeling guilty for not being awake with his omega. Louis just turned and tucked himself under his lover's chin and hummed. "Why didn't you wake me up?" Harry asked sadly.

"Didn't want to interrupt your sleep, you are the one driving in the morning." He joked, snickering softly after. 

"Little one, everything's going to be okay." The long haired man reassured, even though he wasn't sure himself. "How could you possibly know that?" He asked softly and rhetorically. It didn't take a trained ear to hear the doubt and anxiety in his voice. Harry was thankful Louis trusted him enough to let him see this side of himself.

"I will do my absolute best to protect you and your family." The alpha stated firmly, laying on his back and pulling the boy with him to lay on his chest. 

The conversation ended, but their minds continued thinking. No one got much sleep.

___

The next morning things were quiet. The two woke up to Harry's alarm and proceeded getting ready, Louis dressing in black sweats and one of Harry's jumpers and Harry in black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt. 

They packed some food for the trip along with some toiletries and enough clothes for a few days, they didn't know how long they would be there. 

After they put everything in the back of the car and Harry closed the tailgate he pulled his omega into his arms, resting his chin on the other's head, inhaling his scent. "Don't worry about it, everythings gonna be fine." He assured Louis softly.

The omega nosed at his neck, taking in his scent, as a response. He turned away heading to the passenger side, his alpha walked the opposite way. Once secured safely in the car, they began their journey.

___

Since Louis wasn't in the mood for conversation Harry turned on the radio only five minutes into the drive. Louis settled for staring out the window with his head leaned back. The smooth ride of the Range Rover and the soft noise from the radio and the alpha's humming slowly but surely lulling him to a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

Harry was worried for his omega, but he knew that there wasn't much he could do. He just needed to get his boy to his mom and sisters and make sure that he was safe. He is determined to make that happen. He would do anything for Louis, even though he hasn't known him for long, he feels as if they had known each other their entire lives. They are soulmates after all. 

Louis had a very strong hold over this big strong alpha and the alpha couldn't complain about it one bit. He was way too happy. Dare he say, in love.

___

The omega roused from sleep to Harry singing along softly to a song, Louis' heart melted. His alpha was so thoughtful and sweet. He was so gone for this man. He is doing so much for him, and the omega couldn't be more thankful.

He was broken from his thoughts when the said man realized his lover was awake. "Hey, little one." He acknowledged, briefly glancing at the blue eyed boy then turning back to the road, not wanting to cause their deaths

"Hi, handsome." He responded groggily, rubbing his eyes to rid them of any traces of sleep. "How long have I been asleep?" He asked slowly. Glancing over to see the man's cheek gain a faint blush adorned with a small smile accompanied with his oh so lovely dimples. 

"For about an hour and a half." Harry responded calmly, fingers tapping along to the song playing on the steering wheel, acting as if the omega's words did not affect him. 

They sat in a comfortable silence after Louis' acknowledging hum to the alpha's response. 

"Thank you," the boy suddenly said, feeling like Harry deserves all the thanks and he had yet to say any.

"For what, baby?" The long haired man asked, genuine confusion written on his face, glancing at Louis. 

"You're doing so much for me right now, leaving your responsibilities behind for my problems and we aren't even mated. I am eternally thankful, alpha." He spoke honestly, hoping Harry could hear the sincerity in his words.

"I will always do whatever I can to keep you happy and safe, little one. Always."

________
868 words.

It's been a minute, huh? This is the longest I've gone without writing a chapter, I think. Sincerest apologies, my lovely readers.

School kicked my ass and a few kids in my class have COVID so I am getting tested soon. I got fully vaccinated during my short break, which is cool. I have the main parts of the next chapter planned so hopefully that will be out sometime next week or the week after. I hope everyone staying safe and getting enough sleep. (We all know no one's actually getting enough sleep, right?)

As always,

Thank you for reading!!

I hope you have/had a remarkable day/night!!

T.T.F.N.

-Luca<3