Chapter 3

Akashi smirked as the girl clutched to his arm tightly, trying hard to surpass her own fear. She trembled slightly and somehow he felt a little sympathy for her. Just then, he realized that his sleeve was wet with her tears. “Rena?” he called out her name.

But only soft sobs were heard now.

And it was enough to make his heartbeat stop.

“Rena.” He called again as he tried to lift up her chin. “Look at me, Rena.” He instructed, but the girl was too shaken to move. In the end, Akashi wrapped his arms around her and she thrust herself to his embrace. Moments later, he heard the girl murmured softly, “Seijuurou…”

“Rena, look at me.” He said, gently lifting up her chin. “Seijuurou…” she said softly while looking at his crimson eyes. “Why are you crying?” he asked, while caressing her cheeks. “I can’t do this anymore…” her voice trailed off.

Akashi frowned, confused. “What do you mean?” he inquired, never once breaking the eye contact between them. “I can’t hold it back anymore!” she sniffed while pointing at the screen situated in front of them.

A period of silence was broken by a sudden laugh.

“Seijuurou!” Rena yelled hoarsely, “Why are you laughing?!”

Akashi just continued laughing. Rena pouted while crossing her arms. “Seijuurou, you’re the worst.” She said softly while wiping off her tears. As she about to stand, a pair of arms circled around her waist. “Let me go, Seijuurou.” She said.

“No.” he simply replied. Rena glared at him.

“After instructing me to come here just because you’re home alone, making me comply to watch a horror movie with you – even though you know how much I despise horror movies – until I cried and you laughed at me?” Rena exclaimed as Akashi just listened to her small outburst.

“So?” he asked, tightening his arms around her waist. “And don’t expect to escape from my wrath this time, Seijuurou! If you think doing this make me forgive you, you’re wrong!” she turned her head away to one direction – not even glancing at Akashi.

“You’re mad?” Akashi finally freed her and Rena immediately stood up.

“Of course, Seijuurou!”

“I can’t help it, you know.” She heard him sighed.

“What do you mean?”

“You looked really cute when you’re angry you know. And you looked cute when crying too, so bullying you was quite interesting I must say.” Akashi chuckled while Rena stared at him in disbelief.

“Akashi Seijuurou!” she smacked him, while he tried to get a hold of her hands to stop her.

After several slaps, Akashi successfully managed to stop her but that doesn’t mean he already escaped from her wrath.

“You made me upset today, Seijuurou.” She sighed.

Akashi stared at her as she looked down. Smiling softly, he stood and grabbed her hand, intertwining their fingers as he lead her to the kitchen.

“So then, what shall I do to make happy, your Highness?” he offered a smirk and Rena’s face was painted with shades of red.

“Well, your Highness?” he raised a brow.

“Make me dinner.”

“Oh, just a dinner?”

“A dinner that you cooked, that is.” Now it’s her turn to smirk. ‘Oh well, Seijuurou, what’ll you do?’