Chapter 8

Yuurei's heart almost came to a halt as she heard her name was spoken so formally. Just then, she felt a tinge of dreadfulness. Her father mentioned that at tonight's dinner she was expected to meet with the heir of one of the most successful companies in Japan. 'Who could it be?' she thought to herself as her heart begun thundering inside her ribcage. Her palms were now sweaty and she felt a lump on her throat. 'There's no way such thing will happen, right?'

For a moment, she hoped – wished, perhaps – that it'll be a certain redhead.

For a moment, she willed for it to happen.

At that moment, Yuurei hated herself for not remembering the tone of Akashi's voice – or even the way he talked – since if it was truly Akashi, she could've prepared a thousand words to razz him off.

Just that matter, of course.

It wasn't as if she was wishing he was here.

As she turned her head towards the owner of the voice, she managed to mutter out softly, "Akashi?" and her eyes widen when the person that stood on the door wasn't a certain redhead that she – kind of – despised, rather one of the familiar faces in her own class.

Slowly, she composed herself and acknowledged the presence in front of her - dumfounded, "Hamada..."

Standing on the door was Hamada Akito – wearing a formal suit in black, deep brown hair that was slicked back with hair gel and surprisingly, the usual laid-back, sporty teenager that held the responsibility as the Class Representative looked really smart and dashing tonight. 'It was almost like a completely different person!' she thought while staring at the smiling classmate in front of her.

"Pardon my tardiness, Nakazuki-san," Hamada looked apologetic and he turned to the waiter while giving him a neatly folded paper that was kept on his blazer's pocket, speaking in a low voice and serious, "This is my reservation tonight with my companion – Nakazuki Yuurei. I hope this'll help to clear the misunderstanding."

"D-definitely, sir." Bowing his head, the waiter took the said paper hurried to usher the two of them to their table of reservation. Handing out the restaurant's menu, he gave a quick bow before excusing himself from their line of sight.

"Who knows that the pretty Nakazuki-san will be my date tonight?" Hamada eyed the girl sitting in front of him with some sort of amusment and chuckled softly, "You looked truly surprised that it's almost endearing."

Yuurei's cheek heated up at the cheeky comment Hamada made. Oh god, was this even the Hamada that she knew all this time? Why did he act so indifferently tonight? The usual cheerful boyish grin was replaced with something sharper – laced with a hidden danger that made Yuurei felt a tad bit uncomfortable.

There was no one that ever made her uncomfortable.

With the only exception of one person that she came to know.

Akashi Seijuurou.

Such an irony – despite she was stuck here with the most unexpected person she could ever think of, Akashi Seijuurou succeeded in breaking through her thoughts again. It was annoying and it made her heart felt unnecessary feelings and she hated it. 'Why am I thinking about a certain aggravating redhead when I am facing bigger issues now?' she thought to herself as she forced herself to look at grinning male.

"No offense, but you totally didn't look like a son to a corporate man, Hamada." She managed to find her voice – finally – after the shock.

Hamada blinked at her comment and in a flash, guilt flooded her emotions. 'Damn, am I too harsh?' she thought nervously as Hamada went completely still for a second.