This is your time

Author's Note-This one-shot is personal for me, this one will be based on my future career. I want to be a journalist and I'm currently in college pursuing that field. So what would it be like if Yuzuru is in a relationship with a journalist who has a very special occasion coming up but couldn't attend because of competition and training. It's gonna be a bit angsty but a fluffy ending.

BACKSTORY

Being a Journalist is one thing. Creating news stories before deadlines, interviewing individuals from all facets of life and bringing the truth to the masses. Now couple that with being the significant other to a Figure Skater, an Olympic Skater to be more specific then that's a whole new ballgame for ya. Late nights, early mornings, pickups, drop-offs, time zone differences for competitions, competitions in general. It's a bit of a strain but Yuzuru and you always managed to pull through. You still remember the first time we met, it was for an assignment reporting at one of the major competitions for the skating season, you knew you were prepared because you went into a figure skating deep-dive learning the sport and gaining an appreciation for its athletes, Yuzuru Hanyu in particular.Watching the performance live was nothing short of eye-catching and also incredibly deadly. These individuals execute techniques with a lot of flair and precision knowing one wrong move can spell disaster. 

Mr Hanyu sweeping first place was no surprise, seeing his other programmes on Youtube can attest to his high scores.  Armed with my questions and trusty notepad you entered the press room with your colleague working the camera and proceeded to the champion's interview. Questions were asked and answered but somehow when I asked my question the entire room seemed to freeze. 

"How do you think your artistry reflects on you as an individual as well as a skater?"

Some reporters turned to look at you, the champion himself stunned. Being a rookie at the time, you thought you were done for but Yuzuru Hanyu carefully answered and in the blink of an eye, the press con was completed. Deciding to stay behind to write down what you missed in your little journal but what was more astounding was a member of his PR team coming to offer an exclusive interview with the iconic skater. You didn't hesitate and accepted, proceeding to an athlete lounge-type area; there he was sat in a plush leather chair, scrolling through his phone. On approach, he bows and you both respond by doing the same. The interview goes by in a flash and before you knew it's time to depart.His PR manager hands you a business card so you can contact them for future interviews since they seemed to enjoy your way of doing it as well as the questions being less intrusive to the typical questions that come with figure skating. Not long after, your piece comes out for the newspaper and it was well-received. You even sent a link to Yuzuru's PR Team so they can read and give their feedback.

Yuzuru H. POV

That girl who asked that question surprised me and her coverage of me was well done. Articulate yet a hint of creative vividness, as if she was painting a picture of what a fanyu sees when I skate. After finishing the article, I called my manager asking her to send the reporter a gift which she asks.

"I've never seen you so intrigued with a member of the media sir, usually in press cons, you try to answer from who you know", she says truthfully yet cautiously.

"That question she asked really flabbergasted me, her writing is outstanding for a fresh-faced journalist such as she. I would love to see her again", I say smiling

"Send her an invite to media day back in Canada as well as some sunflowers", he says while getting ready for his next appointment.

Time skip

"I heard that Media Day is a huge day for him where members of the media get an inside scoop for his new season. Im surprised that his team even reached out to us to participate. Im so excited.", you express to your colleague Alissa.