S236(U18): Boom, Boom. Bang, Bang!

Author's note:

Hey everyone and welcome to the season two finale!

Before I start, a massive, massive thank you to all of you for taking the time to read this story. I genuinely would not have got this far without all of your support. Seriously, you guys have been amazing and all of your comments always give me that extra boost I need to keep writing this story. So, thank you, everyone!

At this point in time, I'll let you all know that I have written the between seasons interlude, decided it is not the right time for that chapter and so moved it to season three. I have since written a new interlude and so will hopefully post that in two to three weeks time. The reason I want to hang back with it is because I need to ensure I get the first chapters of season three written and that everything is nice and cohesive. However, I'll endeavour to get it to you and then kick season three off as quickly as I can.

So, without further ado, chapter one of the finale: Boom, Boom. Bang, Bang! is a lyric taken from the Pink Floyd song The Fletcher memorial home. And the reason... read on to find out.

Enjoy.

##

The week had been a whirlwind for Kim Possible. A whirlwind that, by and large, she had thoroughly enjoyed. After her unexpected and heart-wrenching reunion with Lisa last Friday, not to mention Shego's admission that she now considered them genuine friends, she and the villainess had gone to a bar in Lowerton and had a few cocktails. Her need for something strong resulting in her new friend introducing her to a vibrant green and fruity drink called Jungle Juice. Needless to say, the alcohol content had almost blown her head off, which had been exactly what she had needed. However, having been put through the emotional wringer had left her feeling somewhat shaken and exhausted, so after a few drinks, she'd had Shego take her home. While she had been desperate to make-out with her at the start of the evening, the emotional toll had been too great and so the urge had died. Her friend had been fully understanding of this and told her to get a good night's sleep instead. They'd agreed to meet up the following Saturday to race the Sloth and Blackbird and then see where the day took them.

After sleeping late on Sunday and spending the day at home watching TV, Kim had emerged on Monday morning and felt lighter than air, lighter than hydrogen even and just as explosive, though not in a bad way. Having received forgiveness from Lisa for what she had done five years ago, the possibility that they might reconnect as friends and now having Shego as a proper friend, she had felt like she could do absolutely anything, more so than normal at any rate. Even Lisa's request had not weighed her down, for that was one issue she knew it was right to set aside until she felt ready to tackle it. And while she had hit a minor snag straight away; no leads on the Gemini tech thefts, she had set the detective work aside until something did crop up and gone back to the day job; busting supervillains in the process of enacting a take over the world plot. Full of energy and on top form, she had dotted around the world all week, from The Congo to Malaysia, Ireland to Argentina and caught three different supervillains. And as had become her way recently, she had jetted off before finding out whether or not GJ had swooped in to cart them off to Captain Brooks' hellhole. Arriving home yesterday evening, there had not been even a small tear in her mission outfits.

Waking at her normal time of six-thirty, Kim had completed her usual morning routine and was now in the process of selecting something to wear for her race with Shego and then for later on that evening, should a change of outfit be required. As she flicked through a rail of t-shirts, she could not help feel as though she'd forgotten something. What's more, she'd had the same feeling last week when dressing to go out with Shego, but like then, she just could not recall it. Kim set the thought aside. If it was important enough, she would eventually remember.