𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁

[a d a m]

I did feel bad for her, I mean anyone who would've said what I had would. But I couldn't let that stop me. I couldn't give in to that feeling, to that feeling of torment and dissapointment everytime we had a conversation. I hated her. And I needed her to hate me.

It would stop that sudden urge to look at her everytime she walks into a room. Or that feeling I get in my stomach everytime I hear her laugh or smile. I hated it all, but most of all I hated that I ran out of things to hate about her.

I needed to push her further and futher away. Even if it hurts it's saving me from the pain.

but putting her in pain in the process.

"I'm getting tired, I think I'm going to go. I'll see you two in the dorm." She waves the two girls goodbye. Her steps quite and her breathing stills.Her chest heaves, her tears spilling faster out of her eyes. Her chin trembles as her hands shake to an uncontrollable rate. Her knees buckle as she props her body up against the wall.

Her hands go to her pockets as she rumages through her jeans. Her cries become more apparent as she struggles to stay balanced.

I look at the group in front of me, their attention on the games rather then the sobbing girl that sat at the corner of the arcade. Alexis shrinks into a ball as she rocks her body back and fourth. Breaths getting heavy and heavier and then it all stops. Her breathing stuck in her chest, as her stomach struggles to meet with her slowed breathing.

Before I knew it I was holding her to my chest easing her cries as she stains my shirt. Hoisting her up into my arms I carry her towards my dorm. I feel every slight movement she takes as her mumbles vibrate against my skin.

"I'm sorry Adam." The brunette soft spoken. Alexis' eyes swollen and her lips jabbed with teeth marks. Her forearms marked with deep nail prints. "Don't say that, you don't get to say sorry for doing nothing wrong. I'm the asshole." My arm tighten around her figure.

I slowly crack open the door, placing her down onto one of the bunk bed. I ease her shoes off the soles of her feet. The Stansson girl hugs her legs to her chest, her lips puckered. Her eyes flutter. The soft strands of her hair fall into those brown eyes, and I'm caught. I sink into the depth of her whole being, letting it swallow me up as I gladly let her.

"I'll leave you to it," my palms clammy as I wipe them against the thick fabric of my jeans, the loose threads pass my fingertips.

I walk towards the door, but even before I could head into the direction I feel her hand grab ahold of mine. Her smooth skin clashes with my own as I feel her cool touch skim against my knuckles.

"Stay, please." Her voice quite but loud enough to reach my ears, she looks up at me with pleading eyes as small tears leave stains onto her reddened cheeks. "I won't take up to much space?" Alexis shifts further against the walls, creating more space for me as I slip my shoes off my feet.

I tuck her into the blankets as I too join her into the warm upholstery. Her warmth radiates onto my body as she places her head onto my chest.

My hands hesitantly grab ahold of her waist. Her smile clear to my view as it widens onto her cheeks. "Thank you," Alexis breaths out as her eyes start to close.

I lay my head further into the mattress afraid of making the wrong moves into awaking her. The feeling of her breaths hitting my chest stuck into my mind, and the way her lips kissed my skin every time she'd move into a different stance.

She held onto my hand for the majority of the night, not that I'm complaining. She slept so peacefully. It was almost ethereal the way she looked when she sleeps. Angelic almost, but that's no surprise for Alexis Stansson. It's expected.

—————

It was now the afternoon, I had slept through half of the day. At least I have a rest day today until we play Iceland tomorrow.

Dwayne, Goldberg, Averman and Jesse went out to check out the shopping centres. Something about a t-shirt. I didn't feel like going out today, because in the end I know myself and I'd end up training... again.

"I'm sorry I kept you up." Alexis smiled weakly. Her hands occupied with containers one filled with waffles and the other pancakes. She displays both— "which one do you prefer?"

"Pancakes." I flash her a weak smile. My fingers running through the strands of my hair as I ruffle it slightly.

She hands the syrup from the plastic bag along with the wooden cutlery the containers came with. We sat leant up against the bunk bed, crossed legged on the carpet floor. Hangers and clothes scattered the floor, making it impossible to see the ground.

Her clothes different from last time, her smile still wide on her lips as she stares at me.

I couldn't help but stare back, my eyes carving out the smallest details in her structured face. To the way her cheekbones dip into a sharp tone. Or the way her lips plumpen every time she nibbles onto it. Or maybe it's the fact that every time she smiles her cheeks get a certain wash of pink on them. Every single thing about this girl infuriates me to the point I'm completely and utterly mesmerised by each and every move she takes.

Although I hate her for that, I still can't ignore that growing feeling I have in my stomach each time her brown eyes fall onto my own. "I wanted to get you some breakfast, as a thanks. It's the least I can do."

Alexis shrugs her shoulders simply. "You didn't have to." The syrup sticks to my hands as the honey residue lines my palms. "Here let me," she holds the wipe in her hands, gently wiping it onto my palm— allowing my body to adjust to the drop in temperature. "You have some here too." My words barely loud enough to hear.

My thumb covers her bottom lip, pulling it down slightly. Leaving it agape as she continues to wipe the syrup off of my skin. "Thank you," Alexis replies softly.

Her breath aerates against my cheeks as the sudden smell of melted vanilla and a subtle scent of cranberry fills my senses. Her hair tickles the nape of my neck as we near. The tip of my nose glides with her own as we meet ends.

"Hey do you guys wanna—" Charlie abruptly stops. His arms stiffen to his sides. His words caught into his throat as he looks back and fourth between us. A reasonable amount of space between us two.

"I'm just going to go." He slams the door closed. His feet shuffle. Against the carpet as his footsteps descend.

My gaze naturally falls into her. Her own already in me.

"I should go,"

"Um- yeah."

Please don't