𝐹𝐼𝐹𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁

[n a r r a t o r]

Connie and Julie weren't at all startled to hear that their best friend had a crush on Adam Banks. It was clear, by the way she would instantly search for him every time they'd walk into a room. The first thing she brings up in conversations and the last things she speaks about before she goes to bed.

But instead of saying so they just sat there acting as surprised as they were when they first caught on. To Connie it was something beautiful, she thought it was amazing how love can spur in the least likely of places. The way it would grow and spread. The way it can strengthen and weaken. She found it oddly fascinating. So when Guy and confessed he liked the girl years ago she was dumbfounded. Love to her was something she'd only like to explore through a movie or perhaps the occasional book, she was of course hesitant. But when she truely felt was it was like to love someone, and dedicate your feelings and your heart to them it made her go dizzy.

So to see her best friend feel what she feels made her heart race. But to Julie Gaffney it was quite sickening. She wasn't a huge fan of love, at a certain point she was certain it didn't exist. But she couldn't ignore it this time, because she too saw the glisten in Alexis' eyes every time her brown ones found his. The way a smile would instantly find her face when he walked into a room.

She couldn't understand it at the time, well at the time Adam was a total asshole, who also at that time hated Alexis. But nevertheless she liked him. She had learned to adore his every flaw and love his every imperfection because that's what made him, him. As cliche as it is she liked everything about him, even the parts he doesn't like about himself.

Adam loved everything about her, even the parts she hated and he had grown to love. There was nothing to hate about this girl, and through the weeks it was proven. Everyone knew it because she had shown that just because she shared the blood of those who had disdained others it doesn't mean she too, has done the same.

Alexis sat outside his dorm door cradling her legs into her arms as she contemplates if she should really tell him she likes him. Whilst Adam who stand on the other side of the door scrambles on the spot deciding if he should tell the girl or not.

And just on cue they both stand there looking into one another's eyes, and it's as if it was the first time they met. Not just the way they looked at each other but how every feeling seemed to infiltrate them all over again. Each vessel in their bodies seemed to only flow and spark with thoughts of them. And their hearts would only race for they are the ones chasing it.

Like isn't enough to explain the connection and the chemistry that has stirred between the two. Nor love is a strong enough word to even begin to explain this feeling. Because it's stronger, because it doesn't weaken or falter it only grows. And it spreads and it flourishes. To the very point it's unbreakable.

It shows that no matter how long you know a person, even if it's a matter of hours you will instantly feel that click, that instant sign of attraction whether that be caused by jealousy, intimacy, chemistry you still feel the same. Because it's like a knot. The stronger you pull on it the tighter it gets and the bigger the knot grows. That's what it felt like. Because even if Adam had hated her in the end he would have ended up loving her all the same. Because it was a knot, they kept pulling and pulling until they had grown closer, securer and tighter.

"Hi." Adam replies softly. His hands shoved into his pockets. His fingertips swirl around the torn spaces in his jeans as he wanders through her brown eyes. "Hi." Alexis says with a mellow voice. Her feet shuffle against the carpet as her eyes slowly turn to meet his.

"I have to tell you something."

"Yes?" The Stansson girl rocks on the tip of her toes. Her lips the barrier between her teeth from keeping her words enclosed. "I— your jacket."