𝐸𝐿𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁

[n a r r a t o r]

"Fulton go on in there and blast one!" Everyone felt exhausted, and it was clear to everyone. The way their knees would buckle every time they'd be called onto the ice. Or the pools of sweat that progressively formed on the collar and back of their jerseys.

"Fulton Reed on the ice for Team U.S.A.."

—"he's open to the blue line." The announced rapidly musters as the game moves along. "Fulton, fire it in there!" Dwayne passes the puck to Fulton as he weaves through each player. His soles used to the best of his ability as he stops on the right wing.

"Reed winding up—"

"Whoa! Glove save by Seggi." The team shakes their heads slowly, as they get closer and closer to their defeat as each period ends the same. "Oh what a save! He'll have an imprint of a puck in his palm." And just as he finished his sentence a half puck imprint covered the boys palm with hints of purple and black.

"Here's Banks, started onto the ice, moved along the left wing side, now moves into the centre but— a spinning move! A great move to the blue line, Banks all alone. He scored!" Alexis could feel the smile tug at her lips as she watched the boy cheer and shout. She slipped her stick between her arms as she clapped for the blonde boy, cheering him on from the left wing.

"Yeah, we got one!" Adam felt euphoric, he felt good to be finally something to the team. It felt good not being second. But his celebration quickly stopped as Sanderson connected his stick with his wrist.

His mouth opened ready to let out a needed cry. His screech passed the crevices of his teeth as his team started to swarm him. "Come on! Relax! Take it easy!" The ref shouts as he breaks up the kids from punching the Iceland boy.

"Are you okay?" Alexis wraps her arm as loose as possible in worry he may fill overwhelmed with the amount of people that crowded him. Their voices echoed in his ears reaching limitless places as the pain grows worse and his veins grow cold as he takes his glove of his hand. Rubbing it around in circles the Banks boy places his glove back on, transferring his stick to the opposite arm.

"He scored!" They whooped and jumped as the pure taste of joy left their mouths. Silently thanking the Adam for the win to keep them going.

"Adam." Alexis replied softly. Her voice kind and mellow as she wraps an arm around his shoulders, shielding his palpable face from the crowd. Although she was thankful for the goal, her mind was too occupied with the fact that Adam was still obviously hurt. But not wanting to risk his hockey career he kept silent. Silencing his cries and ignoring the pain that stings throughout his arm. But he couldn't hide it from Alexis. Because no matter how much he denies it, he's completely and utterly transparent to the Stansson girl.

"Sit down. Right in there." The ref indicated his hands to the box. His voice monotone as he leads the blonde into the glass barrier. "Sanderson!" Dean Portman had a certain thrust to see people suffer, he couldn't help it. It have him the power and allowed him to indulge in his own ecstasy as he heated their pained cries. He liked to win and he rarely loses. And he certainly will not go down without starting a fight.

So as Sanderson stood smirking at his obvious rage. With his arms crossed and his shoulder rolled back he laughed. "I want a piece of you, Sanderson. You're mine!" Dean shouted. His voice changing octaves as he let out a louder laugh.

The security to familiar with his behaviour as they wasted no time to hold him back. Yawns leaving their mouths as they propped him onto the ground.

—" oh, you think it's funny?"

"Come one get down." They continually shout. Julie would've come but her mind was to caught up in the locker room showers than the thoughts of Sanderson. She hated him of course but the warm water that kissed her skin keeper her from complaining.

And yet again Team U.S.A. Barely managed to stay on their feet as they tumble around the ice. Their bodies flown with ease across the rink as Iceland yet again dominated them so far into the ground they couldn't see the light of day.

"C'mon Charlie!" They all cheered as they shared him words of encouragement. "Iceland!" They cheered as the left their huddle. Team U.S.A still too weak to even spur a word as each bone cried for a break of air.

"Damn it!" Coach Bombay felt he had his chance to prove himself, and show the world he isn't just a castaway player looking for better things to do. And he blew it. But right now he couldn't take the blame or the knowing of regret so he let the team take the blame. Only to soothe us own ego.

Alexis Stansson stared at her farther. Her smile instantly tugged into a frown as she watched him clap slowly at their downfall. She rolled her eyes slowly not wanting to give him anymore satisfaction than they already have.

The team sat in their locker rooms groaning as they slowly slipped of their skates. The bruising of their skin more apparent in the lightened room, lifting her jersey higher up Luis' arm Alexis wiped his scar slowly with a wet palate towel. His wince louder to the brunettes ears as she quickly swiped the bandaid over the scar.

"Twelve to one."

"Twelve to one." The man said again slowly. His pace slows as he stops at each player, each sharing a disappointed glance.

Adam wasn't fully focused on his rant. Not that it was obvious to Alexis but he was burning her hole into the side of her face. His gaze shifting between Luis and her as his breath grew heavy.

"You know what the word comes to mind when you think of that? Pathetic! You guys were brought here to play hockey." Jesse obviously had enough of hearing his voice, hearing the shut he dumps upon them only to push them smaller and smaller until they are compressed into the ground.

Yes, it wasn't physically but they rather him actually do that instead of calling them pathetic as they really did try. "What about you?"

"What about me Jesse?"

"Coach Stansson knew everything about us. They were ready for us." Julie shares her take on the situation. Her anger displaying perfectly in her voice as she raised it on each word.

"He was prepared, you weren't. You didn't know a single thing about either teams we had versed and instead you relied on our own skill? You hadn't given us help. All you do is just train our skills instead of perfecting our weaknesses." Alexis stars as her hands fly up with her words. It was the truth, and no matter how much it stung Gordon knew it. Everyone knew it.

"Yeah, and you spend your time driving around in convertibles and talking to those sponsors fools." Luis hisses, rolling his eyes further not wanting to even share a mere glance with the man.

"Or hanging with the Iceland lady. We say to two Saturday night."

"Eating ice cream with the enemy huh, coach?" Each word hit harder their he next each one growing more truthful as the feelings mixed and stirred tension in the room.

"Hey, hey. What I do is none of your business. Is that clear?" They all had enough, no matter what he said or did they still felt the same towards him. Betrayed, hurt and most of all worthless.

"Don't take those pads off. Everyone stay in your gear. We have practice."

"Tonight!?"

The whole night was just sprint up and down the rink until their feet finally gave in. The whole way to the dorm you could hear their ankles clicking and their knees snapping as knots grew tighter on kneel and shoulders.

As Luis went down the lien Alexis went up making a perfect affect once they met shoulder with the coach, their egos enlightened when they tripped his feet as they'd shaved and wobbled.

"Rest your wrist, okay?" Alexis slipped her shirt over her head, slinging her bag over her shoulders.

"Fine." Adam sighs. "Promise?"

"Promise."