𝐸𝐼𝐺𝐻𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁

[n a r r a t o r]

Alexis Stansson was in a good mood, she felt lighter. Better. But as soon as Adam had walked up to her, with his hands inside the pockets of his pants with a charming smile plastered across his face she felt the urge to punch him creep further within her.

The heat across her neck spaced out onto her cheeks as it grew further around her body, the jacket enclosing her into a suffocating hold, the fabric felt as if it had cooled itself around her arms and tightening around her thighs and neck. She couldn't breath when he was this close, but she is to proud to let him see that.

"No, I'm good thanks. I don't have enough time." Her tone held such hostility it felt as if venom was being poured onto Adams skin. Yet no amount of venom was enough to compare to that immediate burn that flared in his chest, as the fire spread to ashes.

"Bye now," Alexis turns to face Julie and Connie. Her arms linked with theirs as the trio walked with their heads held a little higher. Julie and Connie giggled as they flipped the boy off as they strutted further into the main hall of the hotel. Proud and wide grins tugged at their lips as they embraced Alexis into a gut wrenching hug.

"I quite like breathing." Alexis remarks as she holds their shoulder steadily removing herself from their arms. "You should've seen his face, poor thing looked like he was going to cry." Julie pouted her bottom lip with a light shake of her head. Connie liked Adam as a friend, and she knew that he had a clear spark with Alexis, regardless he was an asshole, an asshole who led her on to thinking he liked her.

"No need to be so blunt." Connie nudges Julie jokingly as the three girl bursted into a fit of laughter.

"I feel like a proud mum." Connie admits, her hand placed on the left of her chest. Her other hand wrapped around Alexis' shoulders. "Oh no, here comes the water works." Julie swipes the waterline of her hazel eyes jokingly, holding back the giggles that aired her cheeks.

"I don't need an Adam. I just need a Julie and Connie."

"Cheers to that."

———

Gordon and Jan stood in the locker room, the small boxed television stood in front of them. Notepads and thrown pencils scattered the ground as they watched Icelands past plays.

Charlie and Adam who had been sitting there the whole time just sat and watched, often chatting amongst themselves when they got bored of the conversations.

"We've got a lot of work to do. We've gotta study our opponents and study ourselves." Gordon explains to Jan as they start to watch another set.

"Alexis doesn't even want to talk to me anymore, the woman can barely look at me!" Adam placed his hands on his cheeks as he rubbed them slowly, trying to forget the past events with Alexis. The scene replaying in a constant loop as it skimmed his mind. The voice returning as they scrape their longed nails against his flesh, their cackles filling his neck with goosebumps as he damns them away, yet they still stay put, laughing at him with such terse words.

"Just tell her, even if she doesn't listen, at least you have that relief of knowing that you didn't try things with her. Or better yet write her a note. Just pour all your feelings onto it and confess every thing onto the paper." Charlie hands him his pen and notepad.

Adam looks away from his palms, his eyelashes stained with a light tracing of tears that lined his red cheekbones with thick gashes. "I'll try." Adam simply shrugs. His feet tearing at the carpet below him, taking his time to swipe his sneakers against the dirt of the floor. Thinking about how she makes him feel every emotion and every little feeling physically and mentally.

His fists tightened into firmer grips. His nails imprinting as soft outline of the arched lines from his fingertips. The Banks boy sits alone in the dining hall. The notepad and pen placed in a perfect stance for his view. The gentle smudge marks that litter the page more apparent underneath the yellow glow of the slightly dimmer lights.

Dear Alexis,

I'm sorry I really suck at writing but it's worth the shot. I like you, and I mean I like you like you. You make me feel every emotion at once. You are so complicated yet so simple. Every time I see you, you manage to make my heart race a little faster, and make my heartbeat thump a little harder against my chest. I like everything about you, every flaw, imperfection I love every part of you. Even if it seems I don't I couldn't like you anymore than I do. You are too pure for this world and I know I am not enough to please you but no matter what I'm not leaving you without a proper fight. Because for you I'd do anything.

Only for you.

Sincerely,

Adam Banks

The blonde boy, neatly wraps the paper into a slim fold as he places it into his pocket. The ink marking his thumbs with black residue as he wipes it against the side of his pants. The weak smile that fought his frown stayed out as he walked the halls of the left wing of the hotel.

His steps a little lighter and his breaths heavier as he walks to her dorm. The golden platted number shone underneath the flickering lantern beside the grey painted door.

His knuckles meet with the harsh wood, his hands slightly red from his stern fist hold. His feet swaying slightly with the quieting beat of his heart.

"—yes?" Alexis stands at the door. Her hair falling to her shoulders. In a messier form. He liked her in this state. It made her a little more enticing and more extravagant. Yet her subtle features made her look more angelic and fragile, but the brunette was much too far from fragile as she may seem to be.

"Adam, I told you I don't want to—"

"Just read the letter. Please read it, even though I know you hate me right now this will be the only favour I ask for you for the rest of my life. Please Alexis." His eyes hopeful. His knees starting to fall as the caps start to buckle. The ankles of his legs starting to cramp as he stood still.

"Sure." She smiles softly. Taking the envelope into her petite hands.

"I'll read the letter." She ensures. Her tone back to her usual mellow and soft octave. With her perfect pearly white smile.

"Thank you."

A/N:

I was going to publish this yesterday but I think it's best to leave this for today. But I wanted to thank you yet again for the reads and votes and the comments. It truely means a lot to me :)

i n d i g o