The Lake

George's pov:

Of course, as if this day couldn't get any worse, it started to rain. On any other day George would have gladly welcomed it. This summer in Florida was scorching. People spent the majority of their days inside, it even seemed too miserable to go to the beach. The sand was so hot it would cause blisters to show up on your feet in minutes. The ocean didn't give much relief from the blazing sun above. George would have been glad for the downpour if the humidity didn't come with it, leaving him wet and sticky all over. As far as he could tell he'd been gone for around ten hours.

Earlier, this morning, the sky was covered by a light glaze of clouds, gradually darkening, but not enough to threaten a thunderstorm till later that evening. The temperature had cooled a good 10 degrees, and the weather called for him to go on a walk......

"Come on Karl, you know you want to come, it's not that far" I pleaded over the phone, "besides Tommy and Tubbo already agreed to come as long as you would."

"Are you serious, it's so stinkin hot outside, and we'd have to walk!?" Karl groaned.

"Not really, we'd park our cars and then it's just like a 15 minute walk to the lake, not that too far." I affirmed, trying to sound as convincing as possible. I was already pissed that he wouldn't just say yes, given that I'd already had this convo with both Tommy and Tubbo previously.

"Fineeeee" Karl finally agreed, "but only for an hour or two, I have a video plan with Quackity later tonight."

I smiled, I had ultimately gotten them all to agree.

"Cool, sounds good, we'll meet there in about an hour." I confirm before we hang up.

The lake had always been a special place for me, ever since 8th grade I'd been going there with Tommy and Tubbo, and today they insisted I invite Karl to come as well. It was in a small clearing along a large forest. It has always been our secret hang out spot, that really is no secret, considering its right along a frequently traveled trail.

I quickly get dressed into some swimming trunks and a lightweight t-shirt. The lake is about a twenty minute drive from my house, and Tommy is picking me and Tubbo up. I run downstairs and pack a light lunch for us all, of ham sandwiches and iced tea. When I used to live in England my mum would make me this for lunch on a daily basis, until we moved here when I was 12.

I smiled at the remembrance of my mum, as I threw some water bottles and extra napkins in the bag, right before hearing a vivid honk of a car horn. I ran quickly to the front door. Grabbing my phone and locking the door behind me. I gave a quick wave to Tommy and Tubbo and crawled into the back seat.

"What's the deal with Tubbo always getting a shotgun?" I questioned with a light laugh, "I'm two years older than him."

Tommy ginned sarcastically "Hmmm maybe cause this is my car and both of you dumbasses don't know how to drive."

I roll my eyes "So basically you're just showing favoritism."

Tommy nodded, "just about," then added solemnly "we haven't been to the lake in like two years."

"I know," I paused, "thanks guys for coming."

Tubbo smiled "uh yeah, like you'd ever let us hear the end of it if we didn't"

I laughed, he wasn't wrong.

"Is Karl gonna meet us there?" Tommy asked.

"Uh yeah he said he would." I answered, hoping Karl wouldn't ditch.

A few minutes later we pulled into the small parking lot, old and decayed with weeds sprouting through the cracks. A few seconds later Karl pulls up as well. In a bright red car.

The sun barley peeks through the clouds, giving a light sparkle to the lake as we walk up to it. It's almost exactly as I remembered. I smile for a moment, taking it all in, it sorta brings back daja vu.

"Last one in is a rotten potato!" Tommy shouts as he pulls on his shirt and jumps in.

"That's not gonna be me!" I yell back, promptly doing the same.

Karl and I jump in at the same time, shortly followed by Tubbo.

The water felt so good as it washed over my skin, drenching every inch of my body. I push my hair out of my eyes as I surface. I feel a wave hit me right on the back, and I hurry and retaliate with an even bigger one.

Hours pass like minutes, and before we all know it, it's time for Karl to go. We all grab our bags and clothes and we start the short walk back to the parking lot.

"Thanks guys for having me," Karl says and breaks the peaceful silence.

"Of course bro," Tommy answers lighting punching him on the arm.

I smile, "aren't you glad I forced you to come?"

"That goes without saying," Karl rolls his eyes, pretending to be annoyed.

"Yeah, we're gonna even get back before it ra----ins..." I pause before I finish my sentence, then quickly add, "wait what happened to your cars?"

Tommy and Tubbo both come running up beside me, there's clearly something amiss. I can already see broken glass scattered around each vehicle, and all the tires are definitely popped.

"Oh...my...gosh..." Tubbo breathes, "what in hell happened here?"

**authors note**sorry first chapter is short...