Motel

Dream's pov:

I had been a little hesitant when they put me on this job. Over the past two years I had abducted many with little thought, but this assignment was different. He was George. I had occasionally seen him at the lake with a variety of different friends. He never noticed me, but I noticed him. I loved the way he laughed when he surfaced, how his smile seemed to light up his whole surroundings. I didn't want to kidnap him and hand him over to people I knew all too well what they'd do with him. I'm not saying that anyone deserved it, but especially not him.

Earlier in the day I had made quick work of his friends' cars, ensuring that they wouldn't be able to find any way home. I also sent my assistant, Sapnap, to disable the internet towers for miles around. Now all I had to do is hope, hope that George wouldn't be the one to leave the group. I had made a slight deal with the big man that I was to leave it to chance to decide who left the group, and not target George. They unknowingly agreed, my excuse being that I'd be much easier, and the results basically the same.

In order to not seem suspicious we usually wait an hour to offer a ride to our victims, however, my semi had unfortunately broken down, leaving a sizable time gap I knew I'd have serious consequences for later. It almost hurt me, seeing George walking all alone, on the empty road, all cold. I knew I had to do what my assignment was, as much as I hated it, but all I wanted was to take him home. Where he would be ok.

The drive was gonna take several days to reach headquarters. I knew George wasn't gonna be happy about it, but I really didn't have the energy to plan some fake story on why I wasn't just leaving him at the nearest city or town. There was nothing he could do about it anyway. Let alone what I could do. If I let him go, they'd know, and my fate would be far more treacherous than Georges will ever be.

He looked so pretty in my leather jacket that was just slightly too large for him. I could see in his eyes he was pissed, but at the same time, I'm glad he's with me, as much as I hate to admit it. It's great to finally hear his voice, talking to me. My cheek still slightly stung from the slap he had bestowed on me. It made him all the more attractive though. I still don't know how I'm going to cope not being able to grant him all that he wishes and desires.

After what feels like ages of him just stubbornly looking out the window I break the silence, "well, since you're gonna be so extremely ungrateful about me rescuing you, looks like you're not getting a hotel room tonight."

He perked up when I said hotel, I know it's because it means civilization, and escape, but the big man has deals with hotels and motels all along each of his "truckers" routes. They wouldn't dare breathe a word to the police if one of our captives happened to find a way to ask for help.

"How..." George stumbled "would I be able to redeem myself?"

I smile, he's so wholesome, he doesn't think that I see right through him, knowing exactly what he's thinking. I let him have the satisfaction, however, of thinking he's being clever. "I wouldn't know," I answer, in a slight bit more of a flirting tone than I intended, "you tell me."

"How would I know?" He snaps, then takes a deep breath, "where else would we sleep?"

I grin, "well an all nighter is an option, or I'll just pull the truck to the side of the road and we sleep on the seats."

I see him gaze out uncomfortably, his semi-dry hair all messy, framing his beautifully pale face. I can't help but stare for a bit longer than would be easy to play off. I think he notices cause he turns and arches an eyebrow in a questioning look. I turn back to the road. Smiling to myself.

"I'll give you one more chance, just because I'm feeling nice." I say. In a harsh tone that doesn't at all give the air of 'being nice'. I guess I'm still kinda used to taking people that I really have zero interest in whatsoever.

"Hm, ok." George says, in a softer tone than he's used in awhile.

"There is one thing," I say hesitantly.

"What?" He asks "you want a kiss or something?" he ends sarcastically.

I'm slightly surprised by his forwardness, but I don't let it show.

"What's your name?" I ask, already fully knowing it, but I don't want to accidentally call him that and have to explain that I've also been spying on him as well as kidnapping him.

"Why in heaven's name would I tell you that?" He asks, sounding angry again.

I laugh, "I don't know, maybe cause I'd be smart considering I could choke it outta you."

I easily could have phrased it any other way, or threatened the hotel, but of course I had to say it like that. I glance quickly over to see his reaction, he's blushing, but I can tell he's getting angrier by the second. We sit in silence for what feels like ages, before he finally says, in a much calmer voice. "I will tell you mine, if...you tell me yours."

I think on it for a moment then agree.

"I'm George."

"And I'm...Dream."

"Is that like a nickname or something?"

"Well yeah, I guess it is, but people call me that all the time, so it's basically my real name now."

He doesn't question it. Of course I'm lying. I came up with that on the spot, because if he ever happened to get loose, there is no way he can have my real name.

We pull up to the next motel we come to. It's around 2 am at this point. I can see the disappointed look in his eyes when he realizes it's in the middle of nowhere and there's no city around. I look him in the eyes. "I am going to go get us a room, do not leave, or try to run, or things will not end well for you." I threaten. He seems quite unfazed and he nods.

"Can't we have separate rooms?" He asks in a soft voice that literally melts me. I try to gain composure.

"No, I can't afford more rooms" I lie, I could literally have the whole motel if I wanted.

He just nods, and I leave, being sure to leave it so the alarm will go off as soon as a door is opened from the inside. I go inside quickly and show my 'business card'.

"Two beds?" The receptionist asks.

I smile, "Uh no, just one tonight thanks."

She gives me a suspicious look, but just hands me the room key, "second floor 105."

I keep listening, expecting to hear an alarm go off at any time now, but it doesn't. I hurry out to the truck. George is still in the front seat, but he's sound asleep. I smile as I open the passenger door. "Must be from all that walking." I nudge him, but he doesn't wake. I don't waste any time picking him up, he's really quite light, he's gotta be like five inches shorter than me as well.

I bring him up to the room after securely locking the door. I gently lay him on the bed. I resist my urge to climb in beside him and grab a pillow and blanket to sleep on the floor. I'm beginning to regret the one bed decision. I gently lay the other blanket on top of him, he moves slightly.

"Dream?"

I almost laugh and cry at the same time when he mentions my 'name'.

"Yeah George?"

"I'm kinda hungry."