10

[Third Person...]

After the date with Wanda, or Max. You headed over to Cesar's school to pick him up. He was excited to see you, being it had been a while since he last seen you.

"Nena!" He yelled excitedly as his backpack bounced everywhere on his back from running towards you. He tackled you in a hug before letting go.

"Where's Ceci?!" He asked excitedly

"We're gonna go get her" You said with a slight smile on your face, he jumped happily dragging you along to pick up Cecilia from daycare, where they kept her stroller and such.

"How was school? Any homework today?" You asked Cesar, he shrugged.

"It was okay, the school nurse pulled me into her office today" he said nonchalantly but that made you stop in your tracks.

"She did? What'd she ask?" You asked

"She told me to get on the scale then asked if I eat when I'm at home, I told her I do when I can." He shrugged

"But she told me that it wasn't normal for me to eat when I can, so she signed me up for free lunch. Then she took a s- s- soooooo- sooocial social wooork- social worker into the room to talk to me." He said

"What was her name?" You asked

"Miss Hill, she told me she was going to need to talk to someone I lived with. I told her everyone was at work, like you taught me."

"And?"

"She told me to tell you when I got home that she wanted to speak with you over the phone, or if you could meet with her on Monday in her office." He shrugged. You groaned knowing the social worker would see right through your facade.

You sighed, finally getting to your destination you paid the daycare providers and put the baby in the stroller before walking to the bodega.

"Alright, for now on we're gonna have dinner at the bodega, okay?" You told Cesar

"Why?" He asked

"That way you eat, and I can just put the food on my tab for the next paycheck." You had to start thinking of your brother, and feeding him. You did whenever you could, but at the apartment there was only drugs and alcohol. No real food, and any real food is given to druggies to pay for more drugs by your mother.

All your money usually went on bills, diapers, and formula for Ceci. Poor Cesar never complained though, he stuck through it all. He knew things were tough.

"But that means less money for the bills..." he said sadly, Cesar was a smart kid. Sometimes too smart for his own kind.

"I'll figure something out, maybe get another job. Don't worry about it, okay papa? We'll get through this." You said putting your hand gently on Cesar's head pulling him gently into you as you kissed his head walking.

"I know we will..." he said sadly, hugging into your side.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" He asked

"Yes, be a kid. A good kid, and have a good life. That is what you can do, no drugs, no alcohol, no partying, no gangs." You explained

"But you and Raf-"

"Me and Raf do it because we have to get shit done, your a kid. We do it, so you don't have to. Keep your priorities set, and your values high. Your gonna be the one to take us out of here, mijo. I know it." You encouraged him

"No, I won't. You'll do it before me. I'll just follow in your footsteps." He said with a small smile before hugging you once more.

"Hey! Who knows, maybe Iron Man will kick mom and Danny's asses so we can live happily!" He said excitedly