19

All my family keeps talking about is the attack from Russia to the Ukraine and it's giving me SO much anxiety.

How do you guys feel about it?

Anyways, here's an early update. Chapter 20 maybe up tomorrow? We'll see? This update is shit lol. Enjoy!

[Third Person...]

"Who the fuck do you think you are, AH?! Going around the block telling everyone you're fucking gay." Danny screamed at a young you.

"What is wrong with y/n being gay?" A seven year old Rafael asked, only to be met with a stinging sensation on the side of his face.

"Was I talking to you, pendejo?" Danny asked harshly as Rafael held his cheek, tears in his eyes as he shook his head.

"You wanna embarrass me? Hm? You think it's funny to do that shit? — You wanna be a man, let's go." He said grabbing your shirt and pulling you down the stairs of the apartment until you were in the middle of the street.

You quickly felt a jab to the stomach then another to the face knocking you over.

"You wanna act like a man? Get up!" He yelled

You felt powerful kicks pummeling you as you laid on the ground before he grabbed your hair and pulled you back up to face him. He punched your face again, and again, and again.

"You still wanna be a man? Hm? Answer me!" He screamed keeping a firm grip on your hair

"N-no!" You silently sobbed as blood, and tears trickled from your face, bruises formed, and your injuries swelled. You spit the blood out of your mouth as he looked down at you in disgust.

"That's what i fucking thought." He said roughly letting your hair go before walking away.

"Clean yourself up." You could hear the front door of your apartment being slammed.

"Hello? Earth to Y/n..." Tony said waving his hand in your face, finally coming out of your trance you look at him.

"Sorry, what?" You ask

"I told you to write down notes." Tony said trying not to show the worry laced in his tone.

"Oh.. no, yeah, no. I got it..." you said a bit dazed but grabbed a pen and notepad from the middle of the meeting table and began writing down things Tony told you before the meeting started.

When the meeting started, there were a few Avengers and Fury, going over the past missions mistakes and what to improve on in training as well as a different strategy on attack.

The Avengers in the room were Natasha, Steve, Tony, Clint, and Kate. Thor and Bruce were much too powerful for the past mission and therefore were not required for such.

By the middle of the meeting, it had already been three hours in, these meetings usually took all day which called for Tony to call into your school as a parent would to indicate your absence. But you were already zoning out once again.

"Adriana! Let's go! Before someone sees us!" You begged your best friend, it was eight at night, Danny was out with his friends, your mother was out getting drunk or high, and Rafael promised to cover for you for the kids.

You were on top of your school as you pulled her arm but she wouldn't budge, only staring up lovingly at a thirteen year old y/n.

Finally, she stands up. But doesn't budge much more than that, keeping her gaze on you.

"You know how during the day when the sun shines your eyes look a certain color?" She asked, you nodded.

"Well, right now, in the light of the moon. They're giving off this beautiful shade of... I don't even know what to call it." She admired.

"You are very pretty in the moonlight,
y/n." She admits, catching you off guard. Suddenly you both lean in, this being a first kiss for you both. Pulling away both your cheeks red tinted by the only light source of the moon.

"I like you, y/n... a lot." She smiled

"I like you too, Adri... but we have to go." You smiled

"Wait! But Danny!" She panicked, you shook your head.

"I won't tell him, if you won't." You suggested, she thought of it for a minute before nodding her head. You helped her down off the latter before walking down the street. You went to the playground just off the railroad track.

Giggling to yourselves as you held hands and twirled around like children experiencing puppy love for the very first time, which exactly what it was.

"I know we are young, but I want to marry you, someday, y/n." She admits, you look over from your spot on the ground as you laid next to her smiling a toothy grin.

"Me too... but what if I don't make it to marriage?" You ask genuinely

"You will." She said confidently

"But what if I don't?"

"Well... I'll move on, but not before grieving you first... what if I don't make it to marriage?" Adriana asked now

"Then, I will do the same."

"Deal?" She asked

"Deal."

"Come on, it's getting late. Let me walk you home." She said getting up and reaching her hand out for yours, you quickly take it and walk down the street together hand in hand.

She took the side of the side walk closest to the street as you took the other side. Suddenly a car comes speeding out of the alley way, gunshots being fired.

Adriana heard this immediately covering you first.

"Miss Luna, are you even paying attention?" Fury asked, it took you a minute to adjust back from the ringing in your ears.

"Hm? Yes, yes sir."

"What did I just say?" He asked

"Uh, that you need a new eyepatch color to match the color of your eye." You joked, everyone else laughed, Fury pretended the joke wasn't funny.

"Pay more attention, Luna." He warned before turning around, Clint and Natasha snickered are the end of the table.

"Romanoff, Barton. Being you found her joke so hilarious, you can take her to Bruce's lab on our break, he needs lab samples of her DNA."

"Why?" You ask

"Nothing to worry about yet, just get it done. He also needs to conduct a physical exam on you before coming back for the rest of the meeting."

"Why a physical?" You ask once more

"We need to make sure you are healthy enough." He admits

"For what?" You ask

"Missions."