20

[Third Person... ]

"She isn't ready for missions!" Tony yelled at Fury as they walked down the hallway through the compound.

"She isn't ready at all! The kid is obviously suffering from a severe PTSD, let alone she's going in blindfolded because she has absolutely no idea of her powers, hell! We don't even have any idea what her powers are!" Tony continued

"Are you done, Mr. Stark?" Fury waited a few seconds before continuing.

"Y/n Luna is under oath to continue training and mentoring; on and off the field. It says so in her contract." Fury said with a straight face, no remorse.

"Wait a second... I didn't see that—"

"It was revamped just after you seen it, SHIELD preferred it that way, to keep her in our grasp. These are not my orders, Stark." Fury explained

"So her family? Her brothers, that baby... if she dies on the field, how do we explain this?!"

"We will figure it out; if she dies on the field."

"She has no powers!" Tony defended

"That is what we have Bruce for, to figure out why she isn't obtaining to her powers yet and if all else fails, we apply just a bit of pressure to draw them out!" Fury yelled frustratingly

"So you mean lock her in a cell, and beat her till her powers come out? That's cruel!"

"If that is the way SHIELD wants it! I cannot go against orders."

"Yes you can, and you know it wouldn't be the first time either." Tony rejected

"You are on thin ice, Stark. I suggest you go find your kid you care so much about before she finds Wanda and Pietro."

Stark huffed, but none of the less walked away in a bit of anger. Fury stops him once more.

"Oh, and Stark." He says causing the younger man to turn around.

"I don't pay you to question or go against orders, I suggest next time you figure out your place in this group before pointing your finger towards me again, I will not have it." He said finally before stepping away. Stark rolled his eyes, he always knew there will always be a next time. Stark lived to challenge his boundaries, he refused to live in a box.

As Fury walked away Stark shrugged with his arms in the air as he commented back towards him.

"It's a good thing you don't pay me at all!" He yells before shaking his head and turning back around heading back towards you when Natasha pulled him to the side.

"Stark."

"Romanoff? What do you need, I have a kid to get back to. Wait, why aren't you in there with her—"

"Shut up for a minute! Listen, Bruce was conducting some tests on her but..."

"But what?" Stark asked interrupting her, mid sentence.

Natasha sighed.

"Something isn't right... these tests. So I went in Nick's office while he was out and found this." She said handing him a journal, Stark looked at it a bit confused. The cover of the book was brown, old and torn up, a tie that wrapped around the leather journal.

The top of engraved.
Waymon Ruiz

Y/n father, biological father. Tony looked up confused at Natasha.

"We all knew Fury had his journals. What's the problem?" He asked

"Read the first page." She says quickly looking back through the window where you are laying down on the table with a paper gown on, Bruce on your right taking blood from your arm and Clint on your left watching with his arms crossed.