ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ! ʜᴏᴡ?

Author's POV

"You don't look fine..."

"I'm (not) fine"

"Your mouth can speak lies but not your eyes"

"That's not important Tae... Let's go, I need to prepare the presentation for my students" Namjoon started to pack up to leave. "Umm... I need to complete my work, so see you all later bye"

"You guys could stay for more time you know!" Rae asked with a pout. As a 7 months pregnant lady, she had to avoid going out for pollution and mostly because she usually had the pregnancy hormone waves in her.

"I want to stay but Namjoon...." Tae glanced at Namjoon. "But I guess he's right, we need to leave now. Bye, we'll meet later" he flashed a sweet boxy smile and left with Namjoon.

After Jin left for his dream job, Namjoon and Tae also found their jobs. Namjoon is an assistant mathematics professor at a reputed University, after some 2 yrs, he will be a professor. And Tae works as a baby employee in a company.

In Namjoon's house

Namjoon's POV

"Why did you decide to come? We were already watching such a peaceful and lovely couple! Doesn't it feel like they're created solely for each other?" Tae asked being busy with his laptop.

THEY are created for EACHOTHER...

And me? I wanted it

Anyways, does it matter?

"I just needed to prepare the presentation" I answered blankly. I feel empty ever since I started living a disciplined life, Rae gave me a ray of hope to have a kind of life but it's anyhow gonna end hollow... I guess?

I have been talking blankly nearly for a whole damn year... But does anyone notice? No one! I don't have such a person who can look into this sensitive soul. Maybe I'm created just for professional life.

It's ok.

I completed my presentation for my class. I thought to check on Tae, the boy must have slept. He is having tight timing due to his new job.

It was true, his files were still getting transferred by email and he had again fallen asleep.

After dinner...

"Now you may sleep. Take care of your health Tae! It's precious" I always end up cooking the limited cuisines which Jin taught me and Tae somehow didn't complain.

"Thanks, I'm trying my best for it but the work is really tough... Especially as new employees, they are always peeking at me" Tae sighed at his condition. Well, that's true! All companies do the same, inspecting the new employees for some days in the beginning.

"You didn't tell me how you got selected? I mean you got rejected by 5 companies-"

"Ah yes there's a Noona... She usually messes up things she's the reason why the company hired me"

"How?"

"She messed up a very big project and to control it, the company needed more employees, out of 10, I and the other 2 are permanent now." Tae just shrugged.