~1~

Warm breath travelling down your back woke you up from your deep slumber. A smile formed on your face as you felt Dylan's warm body against yours, his arms wrapped around your waist and his forehead placed in your neck.

Without much effort, you turned around in his arms, pressing a kiss to the tip of his nose. Dylan stirred before his eyes fluttered open. As soon as he saw you, a smile curled his lips and he leaned in to greet you with a much appreciated morning kiss. You loved moments like this, just you and your boyfriend of five years, Dylan O'Brien.

"Good morning, handsome," you said, grinning playfully. He always pretended to hate you calling him that, but you knew he liked it.

"G'morning," he said with his beautiful morning voice, something only you were lucky enough to hear. He unwrapped his arms from around you and stretched them out over his head, cracking several joints in the progress.

You turned onto your back, your hand falling over your stomach. You drew in a deep breath. Dylan's hand folded around yours and you looked to your left. "What do you think?" he asked softly.

"I'm trying not to get my hopes up," you replied softly. You sat up, brushing your hair from your face. You plucked a shirt from the end of the bed and pulled it over your head before heading into the bathroom connected to your bedroom.

You opened the drawer under the sink, sucking in a sharp breath as you spotted the last rectangle box from your collection. Dylan came up from behind you, placing his hands on your shoulders. "I'm gonna get breakfast ready. You take all the time you need, okay?" he told you softly.

You nodded, not trusting yourself enough to speak. You waited until Dylan's footsteps had faded downstairs until you opened the box and followed the instructions. You set a timer on your phone and sat down on the edge of the bath, nervously digging out dirt from under your nails.

The timer went off before you were done cleaning your nails and you picked up the test. "Dangit," you whispered, your eyes filling with tears. You stubbornly blinked them away before tossing the box and its contents in the trash. You headed downstairs and without giving him the chance to react, wrapped your arms around Dylan's middle. "I really thought this was going to be the one."

"I'm sorry, darling," he replied, tightly hugging you back.

***

The lengthy sigh that exited your nose caught Dylan's attention. "You okay?" he asked softly, knowing it was probably a stupid question, but he asked it anyway.

You nodded almost invisibly. "I was just thinking."

"About?"

You glanced up. The two of you were walking through a local dog park close to your apartment. Snow was flurrying from the sky, covering New York City in a white, sparkly blanket. Dylan had his arm wrapped around your shoulders while yours rested comfortably around his middle.

"Bailey, calm down!" you yelled at your dog, who was getting a bit too playful with two other dogs. He looked at you for a second before continuing to chase a small Shizu.

Your golden retriever Bailey had been with you and Dylan for a little over a year. He had surprised you with a rescue dog for your birthday last year so that whenever Dylan was off for work, you'd have a buddy to keep you company.

"About this whole thing," you then answered Dylan's previous question. "We've been trying for almost two years and still nothing. Maybe we should take a break to figure out what we're doing wrong."

"Hey, don't say that. We're not doing anything wrong. For some people, it just takes a while," Dylan told you.

Your eyes filled with tears. "I'm just so tired," you whispered. He tightened his arm around you, pressing a kiss to your head. "Can we at least talk about it?"

He looked down at you for a second. "Of course," he replied. "Why don't we go home and I'll make you some hot chocolate? Then we can talk about it."

With a smile, you nodded. "Okay," you agreed. "Bailey, c'mere, boy!" you then called your dog. He came toward you, happily wagging his tail. He was covered in snow from head to toe but he panted with his tongue sticking out of his mouth, so you knew he wasn't cold. Dylan attached his leash and the three of you went home.

***

You put your and Dylan's coats on the hangers on the wall while Dylan went to the kitchen to prepare two mugs of hot chocolate. You plopped down on the couch, Bailey joined you and put his head in your lap. You gently brushed through his golden fur. You'd dried him off as best as you could before entering the house, but he was still slightly damp.

Dylan emerged from the kitchen with two steaming mugs that he sat on the coffee table to cool down a bit. He sat down next to you before he pulled you close. "You know, I've really missed you while I was filming," he said.

Dylan had been working on the final season of Teen Wolf and The Death Cure lately. He also just finished working on American Assassin and you were beyond happy that he was finally back again.

"We missed you too," you replied, gently patting Bailey's head. Dylan sat back a bit, looking down at you with a loving look in his eyes. He smiled before taking your chin between his thumb and index finger and leaning in to kiss you.

Your cheeks flushed hot red and he drew back, pressing another kiss to your forehead. He draped an arm around your shoulders and you contently rested your head in the crook of his neck.

"We can take a break if you want to. I hate seeing you so heartbroken every time that test comes back negative," Dylan spoke up.

You glanced up at him. "Really?"

He nodded. "Yeah, and maybe it's smart we make an appointment with that doctor you read about."

You couldn't help but smile. "I love you."

"I love you too. This is just something we have to do if we want to have a family," he said. "And that's something we both want."

"More than anything," you agreed.

Chapter one is done! I hope you're enjoying this rewrite so far, please let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

For those of you who have read the original version, you might have noticed that I'm taking this book in a slightly different direction, but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless!