~3~

After a rather uncomfortable, restless night, you woke up completely exhausted in the early hours of the morning. Your oversized shirt was damp with sweat and clung to your body as you sat up, only to immediately feel a wave of nausea wash over you. You breathed in deeply and waited for the feeling to pass. 

"Hey, you okay?" Dylan asked groggily, propping himself up on his elbows. 

You nodded, still with your eyes closed. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit nauseous."

You felt your boyfriend's eyes on you for a little longer before he lay down, turning around and falling back asleep within seconds. Even though he couldn't see you, you rolled your eyes at him and lay back down as well, pressing your back against his. Even though you were sweating your butt off, you were shivering and covered in goosebumps. 

You tried falling back asleep, but after five minutes, your nausea came back, but stronger this time, leaving you to run to the bathroom to throw up what little food you had left in your system. 

"Y/N?" you heard Dylan call as you sat hunched over the toilet. "Y/N, are you okay?" 

"Of course I'm not okay," you replied, your voice scratchy from throwing up. Seconds later, Dylan sat beside you, his hand on your lower back. 

"What's wrong?" he asked, worry lacing his words. 

"I feel like crap. That's what's wrong," you said grumpily as you sat back, wiping your mouth at the towel he handed you. "I must've eaten something bad."

"Then I would've been sick too. We ate the exact same things the past few days," he told you. 

His words left you nodding your head as you drew your legs to your chest. You were still sitting in the middle of the bathroom floor. The cold tiles somewhat soothed the hot flashes washing over you. 

You suddenly sucked in a sharp breath and crawled over to the trash can. 

"Okay, what are you doing?" Dylan asked.

"Give me a second," you snapped as you dug through the trash. "Oh, my god..." 

"What?" 

"Oh, my God." 

"Y/N?" 

"Oh, my God!" 

"Y/N, will you stop saying 'oh, my God'?!" 

"It turned positive," you said, shakily showing Dylan yesterday's pregnancy test. It clearly showed two lines as opposed to the singular line it had shown you merely yesterday. 

"What- How is that possible?" Dylan asked you. 

You shook your head. "I have no idea," you mumbled. "Do you think..." 

"I mean, you gotta take another, right?" 

You nodded. "Y-Yeah, I guess so." You stood up, shaking from head to toe, and fetched another pregnancy test from the drawer under the sink. Not even a minute later, you and Dylan sat across from one another on the bathroom floor, the used test upside down in between you. You had set a timer on your phone and while you watched the seconds go by, you chewed on the nail of your thumb.

"Do you remember when we were in Toronto and that bird pooped on you?" you asked. 

Dylan raised his brows. "And you're bringing this up because...?" 

"Because I'm freaking out and I'm not trying to get my hopes up but I'm failing horribly," you ranted, your eyes filling with tears. "Sorry." 

"It's okay. You don't have to apologise." He reached out a hand and you took it in yours, holding it tightly. "Yeah, of course, I remember. You laughed so hard you nearly peed yourself." 

You couldn't help but smile. "That's true, I almost forgot I did," you said. "Was that the same day we went ice skating?"  

"I think so. We fell so many times we were covered in bruises the next day." He laughed softly at the memory. 

"That was a good day," you said, nodding to yourself. 

"It was." 

You nearly yelped when the timer went off. You folded your hands over your mouth. "I can't look," you said, your voice muffled by your hands. "You look." 

"Together," Dylan said. You inhaled deeply and nodded. He took the test from the ground and turned it over for the both of you to see. It clearly showed two lines. You collapsed in Dylan's arms, sobbing tears over immense joy into his shoulder. 

***

"This is the best day of my life," you whispered. Dylan looked down at you, smiling. 

"Yeah, it is," he agreed, pressing a kiss to your head. The two of you were in bed again, your head resting on Dylan's chest as he had his arm wrapped around you. "I hope the baby has your eyes." 

An inevitable smile tugged at the corners of your lips. "I hope the baby has your hair." 

He chuckled. "When are we going to tell people?" 

"I want to tell my parents tomorrow. Mom's been waiting for this for as long, if not longer, as we have," you said. "We can go tell your family after that."

"And what about the rest of the world?" he asked. 

You let out a breath. "I've been thinking a lot about that," you answered. "I don't want to tell the world until the baby is born." 

"What? Why?" he asked. He wasn't mad, just very surprised. 

"I've been getting a lot of... hate... lately. I don't think I can take any more, especially when it's about something that I'm so excited about." You placed a hand over your stomach as your eyes welled with tears. 

"Okay," he agreed. "Okay, we won't tell anyone. But that means you won't be able to go anywhere once you're showing, you know that, right?" 

You nodded. "I know. I can work from home and I don't mind playing a housewife from the fifties for a few months," you joked, grinning. 

Dylan laughed. "You're ridiculous." 

"Love you too." You smiled, scrunching your nose. He pulled you close for a kiss, placing his hand over yours that was still resting on your stomach. "We're gonna be parents." 

"We're gonna be parents. Finally."

That's the third chapter already! Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this one :D