~19~

Taking a deep breath, you hooked your arm through your father's. It was really happening. You were getting married. It could have just been your nerves, but it almost seemed like your dress had been less tight when you tried it on in the boutique. 

All morning, Holland and Julia had rushed you around the house getting you ready to go. A hairdresser had come over to do your hair while Holland had taken it upon herself to do your makeup rather than hiring a makeup artist, simply because she knew better than anyone how you liked your makeup, and so you wouldn't feel bad yelling at her if she did anything wrong. 

Julia had gone over to her parents' place where Dylan was getting ready to check up on him, and she had returned with the news that Dylan had still been asleep when she got there. He didn't have a lot to do before the wedding anyway, so their parents had let him sleep in. Julia, however, had dragged him out of bed and made sure he got ready and made him promise not to be late. 

And here you were, at the venue that you and Dylan had chosen all those months ago when you first started planning your wedding. As if it were destiny, it had snowed last night, meaning the world was covered in a beautiful layer of white, glittery snow. Perfect for your winter-themed wedding.

"Are you ready?" your father asked quietly, even though there was no one around. Everyone, including your bridesmaids and groomsmen, had all gone to the room where your ceremony was going to be held and you had requested a few minutes with your father alone before the hecticness that this day would most likely be. 

"I am," you said. "I just didn't expect to feel so nervous." 

He chuckled softly. "But you're 100 per cent sure? No doubt at all? Because we can get out of here-"

"Dad," you laughed. "I'm sure. The idea of walking into a room with dozens of people watching me walk down the aisle in shoes that aren't that comfortable after all is just a little bit daunting." 

He smiled, patting your hand. "I've got you, honey. I won't let you fall." 

Your eyes watered. "Ah, dangit. I promised myself I wouldn't cry until the ceremony," you said, laughing despite everything.

A knock sounded on the door and Holland poked her head around the corner. "Are you guys ready?" she asked. 

You nodded, holding onto your father's arm a little tighter. "Yeah, let's do this." 

Your father led you to the entrance of the ceremony hall and a few seconds after Holland disappeared inside, the tall doors swung open, revealing the beautifully decorated room. Everywhere you looked, you saw red and white roses, glittery ornaments hung from the ceiling and fake snowflakes covered the red carpet that led you down the aisle. 

You looked up and your eyes met Dylan's. You saw him suck in a breath as his eyes pooled with tears, in turn causing your eyes to tear up as well, but neither of you could stop smiling. 

It seemed to take hours until you reached the altar, and when you were finally able to take Dylan's hands in yours, a weight seemed to be lifted off your shoulders. The rest of the world vanished, and it was just the two of you.

Your father patted Dylan's shoulder. "Take good care of her," he said softly. 

"Of course, sir, and thank you," Dylan said, nodding before he shook hands with your father. 

Your dad stepped back and sat down next to your mother in the front row. She proudly squeezed his hand.

"Dear family and friends," Linda, your marriage officiant, spoke up after the music had quieted. "We have been invited here today to share with Y/N and Dylan a very important moment in their lives. In the years they have been together, their love and understanding of each other have grown and matured, and now they have decided to live their lives together as husband and wife."