~6~

"Hey, look at that," you spoke up. Dylan looked up from his phone. "We're trending." 

He frowned and leaned over to see your phone screen. "Why are we trending?" 

"Apparently someone's spreading a rumour that we're having a baby," you said. 

"Huh, I wonder why." He chuckled before sitting back up. You laughed softly. This morning, Dylan had gotten out to get you a refill of your favourite candy right now, which happened to be the candy that helped with your nausea. Someone had seen him with the candy and started the rumour you needed that candy to keep your morning sickness at bay. They were right, but you would never admit that. 

"Someone commented 'boyfriend goals' on that one tweet," you chimed. "They're right." 

Dylan laughed. "You're not looking at the hate tweets, are you?" 

"No, I'm avoiding those but I know they're there," you replied. Aside from the many people who said they would be so excited if you turned out to actually be pregnant, there were also a lot of people who didn't want to see that happen at all.

"Some people need to get a life," he commented. 

"They really do." You huffed to yourself. "When was the appointment again?" 

"In an hour, so we'll have to go soon," he replied. 

"Okay, I'm gonna go pee." You pushed yourself up off the couch and headed to the bathroom. You were around sixteen weeks pregnant and your previously easy-to-hide bump was really starting to show. Anytime you and Dylan went outside, you needed to make sure to wear loose clothes that hid your bump. That didn't help the rumours, obviously, but you loved keeping your fans in the dark a little longer. 

After peeing and putting on your coats, you headed to the car. You drove yourself and Dylan to the hospital where you met Dr Goodman in the west wing of the building. Her appointment before you had been cancelled so you didn't have to wait in the waiting area. 

Dr Goodman had you lie down on the bed and Dylan sat down on the seat next to it, taking your hand in his and pressing a kiss to your knuckles. 

"Alright, are mom and dad ready to get started?" Dr Goodman asked with a kind smile. 

You nodded. "More than ready." 

"Awesome. Okay, here comes the gel." She applied a generous amount of ice-cold, blue gel to your exposed bump before placing the probe on it. You subconsciously held your breath and you didn't release it until you heard the baby's heartbeat. It brought an instant smile to your face. "So," Dr Goodman spoke up. "Just for some fun facts. Your baby has started growing hair this week and they can actually start to hear and recognise your voice because their ears are developing. So it's probably a good idea to start talking to the baby if you haven't already." 

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that. Dylan talks to the baby basically every night before bed," you said with a giggle. 

"That's great. This will really help the baby along," Dr Goodman said, smiling. "Okay, here comes the question you were probably waiting for. Do you want to know the gender?"

You looked up at Dylan. "Whatever you want, darling," he told you. 

You smiled before turning back to the doctor. "We want to know." 

"Okay, are you sure? There's no going back," she joked, making you laugh. 

"Yeah, we're sure," Dylan said, giving your hand a squeeze. You'd talked about this last night and whether or not you wanted to keep the baby's gender a surprise. You knew you didn't want to do a gender reveal party if you were to find out before the birth. You eventually decided, after hours of going back and forth, to decide in the moment. And this quiet, intimate moment with just you, Dylan and the doctor was the perfect moment to find out. 

"All right," Dr Goodman said as she moved the probe around. "Congratulations, you two, you're having a healthy baby girl." 

Tears immediately filled your eyes and an involuntary sob escaped your throat. "Sorry," you mustered out, laughing. "We're having a girl, Dyl." 

"We really are," he said, standing up to give you a kiss. "We're having a daughter." 

The doctor wiped the gel off your stomach and handed you the ultrasound pictures she had taken. She quickly drew a vial of blood from your arm. "I'm gonna go get this to the lab and then I'll be right back," she told you. She gave your arm a soft squeeze. "I'm really happy for you guys." 

"Thank you," you said. You had yet to stop smiling.

She left the room and you sat up on the bed, shoving your shirt back into your pants. "This is insane," Dylan spoke up. You nodded, not trusting yourself to speak just yet. 

Dylan knelt down on the ground so he was the same height as your bump "Hi, baby girl. We're both so excited for you to join our family. I hope you're not causing too much trouble in there, I need you to be careful with your mommy," he said to your stomach. 

"Daddy's right. I can't wait until I can hold you in my arms. I really hope you have your daddy's eyes because he has the most beautiful eyes in the entire world. And I really want to take you to Comic Con with us when you're older, so we can fangirl over the merchandise together," you added. You felt Dylan's eyes on you the entire time.

"You know, finding out the gender makes it so much more real," Dylan said. 

"Yeah, it really does," you replied. "Can we start decorating the nursery soon? I have some really fun ideas." 

"I'm sure we can, but we'll have to clean out the office slash storage room first," he told you. 

You giggled. "If I recall correctly, you wanted to make that room into a gym when we first moved in." 

"That's true but that didn't happen because someone brought too many Christmas decorations when we moved." 

"Hey, your crap is in there too, sir." You pointed a warning finger at him, but you were grinning broadly. Dylan laughed at you before taking the finger you were pointing at him and pulling you down for a kiss. 

They're having a girl!! From here the storyline will be pretty much identical to Our Story's storyline, but there will be a few tweaks and I'm probably gonna end up adding a couple of things along the way. Thank you for being excited with me, it's been really fun to rewrite this book! I'll see you soon with the next chapter :D