~epilogue~

"Mom, can you please tell Declan to shut up?" Sienna whined as she followed you into the kitchen of your house where you filled a tray with drinks to hand out to the guests who had come to celebrate your daughter's eighteenth birthday. 

"I can but you'll have to figure this one out yourself. I'm busy," you said and sent her a smile. Your teenage daughter groaned dramatically before walking away. 

"Dad!" you heard her call seconds later. 

You laughed to yourself before almost bumping into Holland on your way out of the kitchen. "Oh, my God, Holl, I'm so glad you're here. The kids are going crazy. Can you please make sure Sienna doesn't rip her brother's head off?" you asked as you greeted her with a one-armed hug, balancing the tray of drinks on your other hand. You were grateful - and a little surprised - none of the drinks fell over.

"Yeah, yeah, of course. Don't worry, I've got this," she said, following you into the backyard of your house to look for your two children. Bailey ran after her, barking excitedly.

After you finished handing out drinks, you went in search of your husband, who had been avoiding the tasks you had given him before the party started. It was the middle of summer, and even though you were wearing a sundress, you were sweating profusely as you were running around trying to keep everyone happy.

You eventually found your husband in the back of the garden, talking to a few mutual friends of yours. "Mr O'Brien," you said, putting your hands on your waist. 

His shoulders tensed up when he heard your voice and he slowly turned around. The people he was standing with all laughed. 

"Hi, honey," he said sweetly, grinning. 

"Excuse me," you said to your mutual friends before dragging Dylan to the side. You raised your brows at him. "Were you ever gonna help me today? Like at all?" 

"But I don't want to," he whined. 

You laughed. "God, you sound just like your daughter."

"Have I told you yet how good you look in that dress?" He smoothly wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled your body closer to his. 

"Yes, you have and this is not the way of getting out of the very few things I asked you to do," you told him. 

He rolled his eyes. "All right, darling. Where do you need me?" 

Declan, your sixteen-year-old son, came up to you. "Dad, your Maze Runner friends got here." 

"Okay, thank you, honey," you said and kissed the top of his head. 

"Mom, not in front of other people." Your son pushed you away and ran off. You couldn't help but laugh. You followed Dylan into the house where you met his castmates from the Maze Runner. You were immediately warmly greeted by Thomas Sangster, Ki Hong Lee, and Kaya Scodelario. 

"Hey, guys!" you greeted them happily, giving them all hugs. 

"It's so good to see you. It's been way too long," Kaya said.

"I agree. We should meet up more often but, you know, parenting and responsibilities." You shrugged.

"I know, right? Kids are exhausting," Kaya joked, making everyone chuckle. 

Declan ran in. "Mom, my football is on the roof of the shed."

"What did you do this time?" you asked him with a deep sigh. 

"I tried to do that trick that Dad showed me but I slipped and now it's on the roof," he said, pouting a little. Ever since he was small, he knew that the way to gain your sympathy was to act younger than he actually was.