Some of These Days

4 months later...

"That girl always has to be late doesn't she," Darjeeling thought to herself as she looked out at the surf crashing against the sand. After their time together on Valentine's Day, they had to split up for a few months in order to make sure that they would pass senior year, and now that it was over, they could do whatever they felt like.

"I just want to see that pretty smile of yours..." Darjeeling became lost in her memories, of their first coming together over a year ago, to her getting sick, to ending off the year closer than ever before while being surrounded by their closest friends. Darjeeling looked down at her phone, confirming that she had been standing there for almost 30 minutes. When she started to stand up and leave for her hotel room, a familiar voice rang out behind her.

"It's cute to watch you from a distance after a while. It's a surprise I never took you somewhere for the sun rising." Darjeeling swung her head around quickly, meeting her eyes with the familiar blue pools of an energetic blonde.

"It's not nice to stare at someone, Kay."

"I'm sorry, but I just wanted to soak in how cute you were still." Kay hopped over the bench, sitting down beside Darjeeling, and wrapping her arm around Darjeeling's shoulder.

"I've missed you so much." Darjeeling rested her head against Kay's shoulder. "There were moments when I thought you'd never come back to me."

"After all the things we went through, you'd think I'd leave you?" Kay looked back toward her car, still as well maintained as ever. "How about we go get breakfast together, just like old times?"

"I'd love that." Darjeeling reached up, giving Kay a light kiss.

--------

A short car ride into town had led the two of them to a small coffee shop, letting them get a good view of the town's center square.

"So did you manage to actually study for something?" Darjeeling asked, giving her tea some time to cool to the perfect temperature.

Kay set her mug down, a thin hot chocolate mustache covered her upper lip. "I didn't study one bit, and I still managed to pass with flying colors."

"I still find that somewhat unrealistic for someone like you to be able to pull off." Darjeeling raised her hand to her mouth, snickering behind it.

"I couldn't study at all. Every time I tried to, Naomi would get frustrated with me, or I'd be stuck daydreaming about you. Although now that we're seeing each other again it seems a bit dumb with hindsight."

"So you spent your time thinking of me?" Darjeeling softly laughed. "You still manage to be extremely cute, Kay."

Kay blushed, looking down at the table. "So what else do you want to know about?"

"Why are you still wearing those?" Darjeeling pointed at Kay's face, squinting slightly.

"Oh, these?" Kay took off a pair of glasses, looking at them sitting on the table. "I uhm... managed to hurt my eyes squinting too much instead of using my binoculars during matches, so now I have to wear these all the time."

"It's ridiculous how beautiful you look with them on."

"Are you just saying that because you can?"

"Why would I ever do that." Darjeeling leaned over the table, giving Kay another light kiss.

"Want to stay the night here? I have a hotel room booked somewhere around this town."

"As long as I get to sleep on a bed, I should be fine."

Kay reached over, putting her hand onto Darjeeling's. "Then how about we go start a new chapter in our lives."

End of Chapter 2