Chapter Five

So far this had been the best moment in your life, you felt like you were flying even though you knew you were down on earth with this man. One of his hands lightly held your waist, while the other gently held your cheek his touch was so careful, it was almost like he was treating you like porcelain as his fingers lightly brushed your cheek. Your arms wrapped securely around his neck, hands lovingly tangling into his silky hair. You had only spoken today but you knew that you were in this for good, you were going to make it your goal to be his. Even if it took the end of the world to make it that way.

It felt almost too early as he pulled away from your lips, a pink blush tinting his scarred cheeks. He glanced over you with care before slowly moving his hands away from you, in turn, you removed your arms from him. Though slightly confused, you twiddled with your thumbs in your lap. Coughing slightly, Remus picked up his hot chocolate only to practically down the whole mug. Blinking a couple of times you watched as he stood, turning to you with a soft smile "Thank you for tonight (Y/N)... you made me realise a couple of things I didn't know about myself," A breathy chuckle left him as he once again offered you his hand. Quickly finishing your hot chocolate, you once again took his warm hand with a smile on your face.

Even if you were slightly confused as to why he suddenly stopped the moment, you weren't going to protest. You felt lucky that he had even given you his time, and that he had granted you the pleasure of his astronomical company. As you walked hand in hand down the stairs of the astronomy tower you couldn't help but think about the moment that happened, his gently touch, his lips felt far more addictive than any drug you could ever take. When you had reached the bottom of the stairs, he offered an arm to you which you happily linked with. Your smile hadn't left your lips from the moment you'd left the astronomy tower, even if you knew your night was soon to come to an end. You were sure there would be plenty more just like it after.

Standing outside of the Hufflepuff common room once more, you turned to the D.A.D.A professor you had suddenly grown fond of in a matter of hours. "Thank you, Remus." You whispered gently, getting on your tiptoes you gave him a small peck on his cheek as you unlinked your arms. Walking over to the barrels in front of your common room, lightly tapping the right one you turned around to wave goodbye only to see the beautiful man had already left from sight. 'Ahem' you heard from beside you, jumping slightly you made eye contact with the man you were looking for.

Letting out a giggle, you watched as he leaned forward towards you once more, closing your eyes you except the short soft kiss. It was almost as perfect as the first, you had only wished it lasted longer. "I'll see you later (Y/N)" he spoke gently, waving slightly as he strolled back down the hallway that you'd walked down together. Holding your hand close to your chest, you watched him leave. Waiting till he drifted away out of sight to finally walk through your common room and up to your dormitory, where you collapsed instantly onto your bed. You were so flustered you hadn't noticed how tired you were from the eventful adventure you'd just been on, soon enough you were fast asleep. Dreaming of Remus Lupin.