Chapter Eight

You stayed there, in his arms for a while simply enjoying your time with the beautiful wreck of a professor that held you. Taking in his comforting scent, it was woody and almost smelt like tea to you. He was warm, something you enjoyed due to being cold most of the time. Normally bundled up in sweaters for most of the seasons. Once you had both pulled away from the hug, you took in the warm atmosphere of the room.

Books were strewn about the place, a mixture of old as well as new, they filled the room with the scent of parchment. The entire space was filled with gold and brown tones, with the occasional hint of red, giving the room an almost museum-like environment. You stayed in place as you watched Remus disappear into a corner of the room, "Oh!" He exclaimed, popping his head out to glance over at you, "Would you like a cup of tea?" you arched an eyebrow at him, cracking a smile. "No milk, two sugars." With that he disappeared back around the corner, leaving you to take in the beautiful study. Slowly, you made your way over to one of a few bookcases, running your finger along the dark wood before your eyes locked onto a specific book.

Hoping he wouldn't mind too much, you carefully took the copy of 'Dracula by Bram Stoker' off the shelf. Flipping to the first page, you found yourself smiling at the nostalgia it brought you. Truthfully, you were slightly surprised to find the book in his possession, but not shocked. It was a masterpiece in your opinion. You could still remember the first time you read it, being quite the bookworm when you were younger. Being a half-blood did have its perks in your opinion, your favourite was being able to have a look into both worlds.

Hearing Remus clear his throat, you looked up to meet his chocolate brown gaze, he was enthusiastically looking at the book in your hands. Placing down the cups of tea he had made on his desk, he smiled at you, "You like books?" he asked curiously. You gave him a nod, walking over to him as you skimmed the first nostalgic page. "You can borrow it if you would like?" His offer sent a warm feeling rushing through you, a smile growing wide on your lips as excitement glinted in your eyes, "I would love to!" You were practically glowing with happiness. Remus pulled up two chairs to the desk, waiting for you to take your seat before taking his own.

Glad to have found something in common, the two of you drank tea together for what felt like hours. Going through at least three cups during your discussion. Unaware of the time passing, you couldn't feel anything but pure happiness and comfort. In the time you'd spent, you spoke of different book recommendations. You had learnt he had a specific love for magical creatures, especially vampires, causing Dracula to be his favourite book. It was refreshing to be able to talk to someone, without feeling like you were about to go under some kind of test after the conversation. You stayed there, talking until the two of you fell asleep at the wooden desk, faces barely apart as you slept soundly.