Back in the Saddle

A couple days have passed since Rosmontis' recovery in Newsprings. She had been told that she should be able to walk soon but she should rest in bed for a while longer.

During her stay at Six' home she found out several things about Six when they had they talked every now and again.

Apparently Six was a very well traveled person, he says he's been drifting from place to place for a long time before settling in Newsprings. He was actually the one that gave it a name since the previous inhabitants surprisingly never named it.

Six also collects trinkets ranging from random books to snow globes, the latter being a habit he took from someone he knew previously. She's asked to meet this person but Six says he's "Long gone" and that it's probably for the best the two never meet. 

Six also has a habit of talking about things no one in town seems to understand, he says it's probably for the best it stays that way. Sometimes, he even pronounces words weirdly but he doesn't seem to realize that he did until you pointed it out. She had asked about it but says that its just a "bad habit" he picked up while he was traveling and that she shouldn't pay it any mind. 

She was now planning on asking if he knew anything about her past before she woke up without any memories.

--

Six was currently wearing his casual set of clothes, that being a a pair of jeans and a button-down black plaid flannel shirt with rolled-up sleeves with an added brown jacket on top. It was easy to tell that the clothes were weather-beaten but they weren't too bad nonetheless.

Six found out a couple of things about the feline when they had their conversations.

One she was quite young by his standards so he was quite curious about what gave her, her injuries. He would've asked but she was also apparently an amnesiac and tended to forget things.

He planned on getting her a notebook or two at some point because of this. 'Or maybe I can give her my old Pip-Boy 2500, all the damn thing is doing is gathering dust and it's not like she'd have a clunky arm mounted computer, she'd have a small handheld one with all the features of the of the good ol' Pip-Boy 3000.'

Six considered it for a moment before realizing that she might end up losing and decided that it'd be best not to give her the 2500. 'Although I could probably make a wrist mount for it... I'll work on it later.'

He entered the room where Rosmontis was currently residing in and saw her busy reading a book, the book was titled Odyssey, if he remembered correctly it was a book about a greek myth whose main character was named Odysseus. He suddenly remembered a memory from years ago.

--

"Ulysses. Not the myth. You're honoring history, not stories."

Ulysses nodded, "History. Yes. Ulysses walked a hard road. A general, like Caesar and Oliver. He was Brahmin-stubborn, gave him strength on the battlefield. He led his side to victory, turned two flags into one. That's when he lost - when the fighting was done, the sickness took hold. Lesson there, if history's to be believed. One you should heed."

"Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't." Six said back.

--

Six quickly snapped himself out of the memory before he started reminiscing about the past but he couldn't stop the question from forming inside his head. 

'Wonder how he's doing, knowing him he's still guarding The Divide but a whole lot can change in  a couple of years.'

He shook his head again and noticed that Rosmontis still hasn't noticed him just standing there doing his own thing inside his head. Sighing, he quickly did what he came here to do.

"Can you walk yet?"

Rosmontis' attention quickly switched from the book to him with a startled look on her face before realizing what he had asked.

'And she's apparently a mythology lover too... actually I think she just likes reading in general.'

She seemed to consider something before answering, "I want to try."

Six walked up to her and put one knee down on the floor, "Alright, try standing up for one, don't worry about falling I'll make sure to catch you."

She nodded and put the book down beside her before trying to stand up. She was able to stand without any help but she tripped when she tried to walk, luckily Six caught her before she hit the ground.

"Huh, lot better than I expected. We'll keep practicing until you can walk, it's probably just you not being used to being able to actually walk and not any of your injuries. Once we're sure you can walk we can get you some new clothes. It's not healthy to not take a bath and wear the same clothes every day after all. Don't worry I know a place that can make you some custom made stuff."

Rosmontis nodded before looking like she wanted to say something but thought otherwise.

Overall, things were starting to look up for Rosmontis.

Author's note: Next chapter will introduce some people in Newsprings. I don't actually have names for them but if you want to recommend me a name or two you can comment here what names you thought off.