Jinxed

"I'm surprised you aren't pissed off that I found out about that." Ciel said while pointing at the device Six was currently messing around with. 

"No point in doing that," Six grunted while screwing a particularly annoying piece back onto the Pip-Boy 2500A. "and yeah I know you'll report to the Council but you're just doing your job. Nothing personal so i can't really be mad, just really annoyed."

After Six had made it, he had accidentally dropped it and the armband and the Pip-Boy separated. Luckily, neither of the two pieces broke and all he had to do was to start working on it all over again from the very beginning.

'This better not be one of those days where my luck just goes ahead and buries itself alive without having the courtesy to take me with it.'

He worked in silence for a while before the sankta spoke, "Soooo what's it do?"

It's not like he could just say what it does, (Well he could but that'd just make The Laterano Notorial Hall hound his ass even more so fuck that.) "Magic."

He couldn't see her but he could already tell she was rolling her eyes. 

Ciel walked out of the room and went into the kitchen to get herself a drink. Traveling the desert always was a hassle but at least each time she came here Six was always hospitable. (Less so when she was first sent to try and get him to join Laterano but that's neither here nor there.)

'So he's got unknown tech huh? Guess that's why the damn Council keeps sending me here.'

(Little did she know The Notorial Hall didn't know of this and would only make them push harder.)

Finishing her drink, she put it on the sink and started going back to where Six was currently remaking the mysterious hand-held turned wrist-held device.

'If a fall like that breaks it then it needs to be reworked a whole lot for it to be of any use.' Both thought at the same time.

Six laid both the armband and the Pip-Boy 2500 on a desk for the moment.

"I'm gonna go get some new parts for this thing, you can stay here but don't touch anything and by that I mean I'll put your head on a pike if my house is on fire again." Six said before making his way to the outside door.

Ciel blushed in embarrassment, "IT WAS ONE TIME!"

"YEAH AND MY HOUSE GOT LIT ON FIRE YOU PYROMANIAC!" Six snapped back, head peeking from the doorway.

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT COOKING IS HARD SIX!" Ciel shouted with a blush of embarrassment still on her face.

"YOU TRIED TO COOK BACON ON A STOVE TOP HOW DID YOU EVEN FUCK THAT UP!" Six shouted back, he had gone back inside the house so he could have an easier time shouting at the sankta.

'Totally not being petty from getting found out by trying to win this stupid argument.'

'...'

'Okay yeah I'm a little mad.'

--

"Oh you look absolutely adorable!" June crowed at Rosmontis' new look. Instead of her old patient gown Six had dressed her in she was now wearing a new set of clothing consisting of a dark blue sleeveless coat, bluish skirt, light brown boots, and a short sleeved white top.

Rosmontis gave a small smile to the brown haired liberi. "Thank you Miss June, I like my new clothes."

June just cooed at the feline. "Aww don't worry about it, and please, call me Aunt June." She couldn't wait to see Six's face once he realizes that he's become a dad.

She'd have told Renn but he wasn't in town at the moment so she just settled on waiting for him.

She gave Rosmontis a somewhat long headpat, "And don't worry about paying dearie, this one's on the house." The payment was teasing material to use against Six. And that was infinitely more valuable than the money she could've gotten. "Off you go now, show Six your new look."

The newly clothed feline nodded with a smile still present before she started to walk outside. 

She'd have asked Six where he got such a precious little girl but she already knew he wouldn't answer. 'I wish Six gave more honest answers about his past.'

Shaking her head to get off the train of thought that was Six's past, she walked back behind the counter as more people walked in to buy things.

'Just another day.'

--

As Rosmontis approached Six's house, she heard loud shouting coming from it. Panicking, she quickly darted over to it and quickly slammed the door open. Revealing a sulking sankta and a very smug and victorious Six.

"I win." Six smugly spoke.

The sankta somehow sulked harder before noticing her. "Hey Six? Who's the kid?"

"I know you're just trying to switch the subject at hand to avoid the embarrassment but to answer your question that's Rosmontis, or Rose as I usually call her. She lives with me." Six said, still looking smug and clearly has not yet looked at Rosmontis and her new clothing.

"Hey dad... who's the girl?" Rosmontis spoke in a confused tone.

"Oh she's Ciel she-" Six stopped before noticing what Rosmontis had said. He slowly turned around to look at her, a moment of shock to take in her new clothing, before very slowly asking a question.

"Who... told you to call me that?"

"Aunt June." Rosmontis answered without hesitating. 

Six took a deep breath to calm himself down from how hard he was gonna get back at the liberi for this... before promptly hearing the sankta right beside him double over in laughter and tears. Clearly having forgotten about losing their shouting match earlier.

"SIX YOU'RE A-" Ciel wheezed like a tea kettle before continuing, "A DAD NOW?!"

Rosmontis just looked confused. Why did they two have such an adverse reaction to her calling Six dad anyway? Did Aunt June make her say something she shouldn't have?

Six just sighed deeply before muttering about annoying females and lady luck being an asshole.

Ciel just kept laughing. Hopefully to death Six thought.

If he listened hard enough, he swore he could hear Juniper cackling like a madwoman.

In the end, the Pip-Boy 2500 laid there on the desk, not having been worked on successfully and forgotten for the day.

Author's note: I've had to edit this chapter several times already because I keep seeing grammar mistakes that I missed.