Revelations

Six had been acting weird for a while now. Rosmontis didn't know what had caused the change and was somewhat worried. He had seemed to get more tired after each day until one day, it felt to her like he had reached his limit.

It felt like he snapped.

All of his lethargy went away and was replaced by an excitement and an absurd amount of energy he was failing to keep in, though he still didn't get much sleep. Weirdly enough, the lack of sleep didn't seem to affect him as much as it should have.

After Ciel had left to go back to report to Laterano, one of the first things Six did was to ask if she wanted to go "Learn a couple things from your old man". 

She, of course, accepted and Six grew a smile that was somehow both akin to how a predator would look after catching its prey but also that of a proud parental figure.

She had learned a lot of things these past few days. Things like finding or how to make a shelter, how to start a fire, and other several outdoorsman skills she had no idea where Six got. 

She also learned how to gut animals.

That was... an interesting if somewhat revolting experience.

Little did she know however, today was gonna be one of the most interesting ones they'll have.

--

"Soooo," He drawled out for a bit as he sat down right beside her on the couch. "I was wondering if you knew how to properly control those invisible hands of yours yet." 

She stopped writing in her notebook and nodded slowly, wondering where this was going. "Mhm."

"Can they block attacks?"

She slowly turned to look at him, and he looked as if he didn't just say something incredible out of character from what she knew of him. 

"What? It's a serious question." He said as one of his eyebrows raised.

Rosmontis hesitated for a bit before she asked the question that's been plaguing her mind for days. "Is... is there anything going on that I should know about?" From learning survival skills and now learning how to fight? It felt like she was missing something incredibly big but she didn't know what.

It felt like Six was about to leave her and that scared her.

Six gave a smile before giving a proud laugh at patting her on the head, something he did a lot when he found out she enjoyed it. "Yeah but not what you're probably thinking."

He stood up and motioned for her to follow.

"Something big is gonna happen soon. And while there is a chance it doesn't and won't involve me, I doubt I'll be able to stay in the sidelines the entire time." 

She followed him into his room and watched in confusion as he went to move the bed but stopped.

"Actually, I wanna see what your hands can do. Can you move this bed a little bit out of the way?"

She nodded and summoned her hands to move the bed. It creaked a little bit as it got carried into the opposite side of the room but nothing else of note happened to it.

What was of note however, was the safe in the floor where the bed once was.

Six crouched down and entered the code 2281 into the combination lock embedded into the safe before pressing a button right beside the lock. The safe opened up to reveal a small glass case which held nothing.

Nothing except a platinum chip in pristine condition with "Lucky 38" engraved on top of a black spade.

He opened the case and smiled in a way that sent shivers down her spine. She felt the terrifying increase more as he took it before turning to her.