Question of Loyalty

"They're right through here." The red haired liberi said to Renn with a tone of barely hearable cautiousness.

Renn nodded before he unzipped his beige bomber jacket which had tattered ends, revealing a weathered and somewhat worn yellow sweater.

He checked to see whether the knife was still inside an inner pocket just in case it came to a brawl. After he finished checking, he dusted off his desert boots on the ground and put one of his hands in his combat trousers while putting the other on the doorknob and turning.

Before he opened it however, he turned to the liberi and spoke. "This person better keep their end of the deal like you say they will. Else it's your head."

He then pushed the door open and went inside... only to see an emerald eyed sankta whose quartz colored hair reached down to her waist.

She gave an enigmatic smile as she poured herself a cup of tea. "Take a seat, we have much to discuss Renn," She paused to take a sip, "Or should I say... Leo?"

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me..." He groaned as he facepalmed.

"I still plan on keeping my end of the deal you know?"

He stared at her hard. "Well that's kind of a moot point now isn't it?"

She just shrugged and sat down.

He followed soon after.

--

Sometime in the past...

It was midnight. Almost everyone in Newsprings was asleep except for the few that either had things to do or just had things on their minds. Renn was one of those with things to do, although if he was being honest, this was something he did NOT want at all.

A liberi soon wearing somewhat casual yet smart clothes took notice of the aslan. She looked at the photo she was given of him and compared it just to make sure.

'Short golden brown hair with a stubble of the same color... violet eyes... well built body... yeah that's him.'

"Alright missy, the hell do you want?" Renn demanded as he tightened his grip on his leaf bladed sword which was staying on his side.

He was currently behind the town bar in the middle of the night. He wouldn't normally go to the bar, much less behind it where no one hung out, but he had gotten a mysterious letter which had some very incriminating things on it.

He had burnt it a while back but he made sure to go where the letter had said. He wasn't risking a leak like this.

The red haired liberi turned to him, putting back something he couldn't make heads or tails off in her pocket. "I have been-"

"Can you skip the part where we beat around the bush and get along with it? I have things to do." Renn said as he cut her off mid-sentence. He didn't actually have things to do but he'd get his answers straight and not have to deal with trying to find out the hidden meaning.

She looked surprised and somewhat thankful, probably because she expected for the bush to stay. It hadn't. Renn burnt it to a crisp. "Fine then, I'll skip straight ahead."

He lessened his grip on his sword.

"Someone knows who you really are, Leo."

His grip tightened again.

"I'd ask who that Leo person is but I'd rather not beat around the bush." He glared hard as he raised his blade to point it at the liberi."Now where the hell did you hear that name?"