NV-ST-2: Technological Investment

(Note: NV-ST Chapters are not in chronological order and are just "Things that happened at one point.)

"AH, THE LOBOTOMITE HAS ARRIVED!" A loud voice boomed out. One would think it was shouted out but it was more akin if you turned the volume of someone's voice up to 300% instead.

Six just crossed him arms and rolled his eyes, "Yeah yeah I'm here," Six looked at the being that produced the loud noise. It was a brain bot.

Their bodies consisted of a robotic sphere-shaped body housing a human brain, with three monitors attached to the robot's chassis, allowing a person to continue living beyond the lifespan of their biological bodies.

Really, the bodies they had were incredible but also extremely confusing. I mean, how did it even float!?

Six shook his head before he got lost in trying to understand the Think Tank. That way lay madness.

Realizing he was spacing out, he spaced himself back in and realized Klein was talking to himself, and by that he meant monologuing.

"-AND THE WORLD SHALL KNOW OF OUR-"

Six quickly cut him off before he could continue for another hour. "Give me the short version Klein I have things to do."

The brain bot didn't stop.

Six just sighed and let himself space back out.

It had taken a whole two hours for Doctor Klein to stop speaking, and by that point Six was out of it. As in he was probably standing still asleep.

Klein did the only thing reasonable at the moment.

And shot a laser bolt at Six.

"AH! YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" Six jumped back after it hit him, more shocked than hurt.

"IT WAS A LOW POWER BLAST LOBOTOMITE, YOU WILL LIVE." The brain in a spherical jar responded.

Six rolled his eyes, "Whatever, what d'ya call me in for this time ya prick?" The Think Tank usually never called him, and if they did it was probably because they did something so terrible and stupid it was up to him to fix it.

"WE HAVE A NEW SERIES OF UPGRADED IMPLANTS FOR YOU."

Or it could be something incredible and amazing. Huh, who knew they had it in them?

"Wait just a moment, where are the other members of the Think Thank?" Six only counted Klein as being the only one present.

"TESTING THE NEW UPGRADED TRANSPORTALPONDER."

"How the fuck did you maniacs upgrade a teleportation device?"

"INSTEAD OF JUST TELEPORTATION. WE GAVE IT THE ABILITY TO CREATE PORTALS SO YOU CAN BRING OTHERS ALONG WITH YOU."

Six thought about it for a moment. "Huh, makes sense."

Reasonable and useful... and completely unlike the Think Tank. He'd have to ask Mobius if the Think Tank were dying later.

Realizing that there had been a moment of silence, Six clapped his hands in a somewhat excited motion alongside with a wild grin, "So about these new implants..."

"YOU CAN GET THEM IN THE AUTO-DOC, IT WILL SHOW YOU MORE INFO ABOUT IT. NOW GO, I NEED TO GO DO MORE-"

But Six had already left before Klein could go on another rant.

--

As the Courier entered The Sink, he was barraged by several voices coming from the Automated Personalities there. Each one was different from one another in their own way and not just in their mechanical bodies but also personalities.

Ranging from a mojo mac-daddy biological research station with more innuendoes than a group of horny wastelanders, to a toaster with aspirations of burning the entire world asunder. 

It was a pretty crazy place.

"Sorry Muggy I don't got any dishware on me." Six spoke, sensing the small securitron rolling up behind him.

"FUCK!" The robot yelled. Six still wondered why his obsession with coffee mugs still hasn't been removed.

'I'll have to ask Zero to get rid of that,' Six sighed, 'Then again he does have that hate boner for House...'

Six shook the thoughts out of his head and walked up to the Auto-Doc. "I need to engage in your services."

"Need not like?" it replied in a stereotypical 1940s military drawl. Six just nodded, "Implants."

"Hah, thought so. Couldn't think of anything else that'd make you like act this. Let me just fire up the old interface for you."

Six waited a bit before the interface appeared on the terminal attached into the machine. He started checking out information on the new implants before selecting what he wanted.

Satisfied, he entered the machine and let the Auto-Doc do it's job.

--

A portal opened up and soon another brain bot appeared. Klein didn't give it any mind, too busy doing god knows what.

"Klein... where is Six?" Said by the brain bot who just got there.

"THE LOBOTOMITE? HE PROCEEDED TO GET HIS NEW IMPLANT UPGRADES, HE KEPT MAKING SEVERAL MOTIONS WITH HIS APPENDAGES WHEN WE WERE DISCUSSING IT."

"Klein the procedures could take weeks!" 

"DO NOT FRET DOCTOR ZERO, I AM POSITIVE THAT THE LOBOTOMITE KNEW OF THIS." Klein answered without looking back. Too busy with his experiments.

"You know he won't be able to test out the new and upgraded Transportalponder because of this right? You know, The whole reason why you called him here in the first place?" The other fired back.

This gave mad scientist pause, "DRATS..."

Author's Note: Since some of you might wanna know what the upgraded versions of the implants would do in-game. I made perks of some of the ones available!

(Note: These versions may or may not accurately represent how they will act in the story.)

UPGRADED CYBERNETIC IMPLANTS

All of your implants now have upgraded versions available to you in the Sink Auto-Doc.

Hypertrophy Accelerator V2 - The upgraded version of the Hypertrophy Accelerator has enhanced your muscle mass even further! [Strength +2 and 15% increased melee damage] COST: 12000 Caps

Reflex Booster V2 - The upgraded version of the Reflex Booster has enhanced your central nervous node even further! [Agility +2 and 15% increased movement speed] COST: 12000 Caps

Optics Enhancer V2 - The upgraded version of the Optics Enhancer has enhanced your optic nerve even further! [Perception +2 and toggleable night vision WARNING: Will makes eyes glow when using night vision] COST: 12000 Caps

Nociception Regulator V2 - The upgraded version of the Nociception Regulator has enhanced your nervous system even further! [Endurance +2 and 5% increased resistance against damage, poison, and radiation] COST: 12000 Caps

Empathy Synthesizer V2 - The upgraded version of the Empathy Synthesizer has enhanced your prefrontal cortex even further! [Charisma +2 and companions do 15% more damage]

Logic Co-Processor V2 - The upgraded version of the Logic Co-Processor has enhanced your cerebral cortex even further! [Intelligence +2 and 15% reduced AP cost in V.A.T.S] COST: 12000 Caps

Probability Calculator V2 - The upgraded version of the Probability Calculator has enhanced your frontal lobe even further! [Luck +2 and 5% increased critical chance with 20% increased critical damage] COST: 12000 Caps

NEMEAN Sub-Dermal Armor V2 - The upgraded version of the NEMEAN Sub-Dermal Armor has toughened your skin even further! [DT +8 and DR +5] COST: 24000 Caps

PHOENIX Monocyte Breeder V2 - The upgraded version of the PHOENIX Monocyte Breeder has increased your regenerative ability even further! [Restore 1 hit point every second] COST: 36000 Caps