𝙎𝙞𝙭 - 𝘍𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

𝔗𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔢 𝔴𝔢 𝔴𝔢𝔯𝔢𝔫'𝔱 𝔧𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔣𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰

You say we're just friends, but why are we so different?

You awoke because you were tired. When you open your eyes, you recognize your best friend, Nahoya. You were staring at his sleeping face as he hugged you.

You spent the night at their house last night because you wanted to spend time with them. You used to sleep in Nahoya's room because he would sleep on the floor, but now... He's right there with you. Perhaps the floor is uncomfortable or cold. And they're gentlemen. You've been sleeping with them since you were a child, they are your childhood friends.

"Take your time, do you want to see my pretty face?" he said with his eyes still closed but his lips smiling.

"Yes, you are prettier than me." you chuckled.

"No, you're the prettiest." him, you pinched his nose.

"Stop joking and let me go, you're heavy." you said, but he hugged you so tightly that you couldn't get away.

Souya notices the two of you as the door opens. When you saw his reaction, you blushed. He teases you by putting his hands over his eyes to cover them.

"Oh, what was that?" he exclaimed as he shut the door.

Because you were embarrassed, you pushed Nahoya hard. That made him fall out of the bed. 

"Ugh." he exclaimed.

"Smiley! Are you all right?" you asked him, but he didn't respond. You check on him to see if he's all right, but he pulls you on top of him. You try to get away from him, but he grips you tightly.

"Nahoya!" he laughed.

"I will kill you if Souya sees us again."

"Why? You like my brother?" he asked. He let you go and sat back down on the bed because you didn't respond. You go to Souya and tell him it's all nothing,  he keeps nodding, teasing you like he didn't believe what you were saying.

And Nahoya overhears your explanation to Souya. He realizes something that makes him distance himself from you. 

It's been a week since Nahoya hasn't said anything to you. He always claims to be busy in the shop, but when you go there, Souya is always there and there's no trace of him. You noticed him at the front of your workplace, looking for someone, and you assumed it was you. You dash to him.

"Nahoya! Why are you running away from me? Did I do something wrong?" you said while catching your breath.

"Nothing." he said as he walked away. But you stopped him by taking his hand. He tried to remove his hand, but your grip tightens. 

"Let's talk." you say, and he lets you take him to your favorite ice cream shop.

"Why are you avoiding me?" you questioned as you watched him eat his ice cream. He didn't smile, and his expression was stoic.

He didn't respond and instead asked you. "You like my brother?"

"Pardon?" you, confused.

"Why so sudden-"

"You said we're friends, right? But I didn't see you as a friend. D-do you see me as a friend when nobody's around? Because for me, more than that. But.. you like my brother." he said as he put down his ice cream.

"First of all, I like your brother-"

"See? Ok I'm done." he said as he stood up, but you pulled him back in.

"I'm not finished yet, Nahoya."

"I like Souya, but not romantically. You two are my friends, and you said you like me, right? How?"

"Because you're you, Y/n. You're simple, kind, and understanding, and you get me."

There's a feeling you can't explain when Nahoya is with you, like, yes, you're happy, but you feel happier. You like how his eyes were still closed even though he was pissed and that's why you always tease him but he teases you back. That always ends in you crying. 

"I know there's tension between us when no one is around, but let me..." you paused, too nervous to continue.

"You need some space? That's fine." he said.

"Let me like you the way you like me, no, let me learn to love you. I want a relationship with you more than just friends, let us try to-"

"Don't say try, let's do it, and we'll keep doing it until we get married."

You giggle. You haven't even started your relationship yet, but he's already brought up marriage.

"What if I married someone?" 

"My brother?"

"No! Why are you always saying that I like your brother? But no, someone.

"Then I beat up that someone to death."

"And you go to jail, you still can't get me." 

"Then come with me to jail." 

"Nahoya, you're so sweet." you said, acting like you were touched by his words. He flicks your forehead and laughs. You want to hug him right now. He looks adorable yet annoying, but there are other people inside the shop. 

"Wait, I'll pay this." you said, but he stopped you.

"I'm the man, so I'm paying for this. You should bring me to our ramen shop so you don't have to pay even if you eat a thousand bowls." he said. You laugh at his cuteness.

"You're so cute, bub." he blushed in response to your compliment.

You pinched his cheeks. When his hair is tied back, he looks really adorable.

Mitsuya, who was with his little sisters, went inside the shop and saw the two of you.

"So you two are here. Go to work, Smiley! There are so many customers now at your shop, Chifuyu and Takemichi are assisting Angry, and you're here with Y/n acting lovebirds." Mitsuya, he's with his two younger sisters.

"Let's go, Y/n. Thanks, bro. Bye!" Nahoya is extremely happy.

"You're overjoyed, Mr. Smiley." you chuckled.

"Because I'm with you, Ms. Y/n. I like you." he said, holding your hand and intertwining your fingers.

You stopped, and Nahoya stopped as well, confused.

"What's the matter?" you hug him.

"Aww. Y/n is being sweet." he teased you.

"You don't like it?" you continued to hug him.

"I love it, but I don't like it when my brother cries."

"Kidding, he might destroy your shop."

You both laugh and continue walking to the shop. Because Chifuyu and Takemichi are present, Souya will be fine.