Comfort

As I slumped to the ground outside of my classroom, I feel my eyes start to tear up. I had just been teased by a group of boys about the outfit I had on and when I tried to say something back, the teacher snapped at me to get out.

I can't ever wear any clothing that shows my skin in the slightest bit without being sexualized, I'm tired of it!

I hug my knees and keep crying until I feel a soft hand on my shoulder. Slowly, I look up and see my principal, Ms. Odinsdottir. "Hey, Y/n. What's wrong honey?"

I keep looking up at her as tears stream down my cheeks. She crouches down in front of me and gently wipes my tears. "Y/n, what happened?" She questions yet again.

"I- I uhm.. I was wearing this shirt, a-and a group of boys behind me kept lifting it up and trying to see m-my chest, and when I w-went to say something back to them, the teacher kicked me out." I manage to stutter out. Her hand finds it's way to my cheek and she gently rubs her thumb across it.

"Who were the boys and which teacher was it sweetheart?" She asks as she holds my hand. I tell her the name of the boys and the teacher.

She smiles softly. "I'll take care of it. Nobody should have to go through that." She says in her gentle voice. "You want to sit with me in my office til this period is over? There is still 45 minutes left." She offers, to which I immediately nod. "Yes please."

She helps me up off the ground and holds my hand as she guides me to her office. I'm a generally good kid, so I've never been in the principal's office. Once we got there, I was surprised to say the least. It was homey. Potted plants in the window, a bookshelf filled with all sorts of genres.

Her desk is by far my favorite, a grayish oak wood finish, black chair, little succulents, and a small sign that says 'you're doing great. :)'

"Your office is nice." I say shyly, earning a small smile from her. "Thank you, Y/n."

"Y/n, you exceed my expectations in a student," She praises as she sits down. "You rarely to never get in trouble, always turn in your work, your grades are.. amazing. I'm really proud of you." She smiles at me. "Thank you." I practically whisper back, my cheeks shining a bright red.

"You want a snack sweetie?" She asks, her shining black hair resting freely on her shoulders. "Uhm, yes please." I smile shyly.

She nods and grabs a snack from her drawer, tossing it to me. "Listen, if you ever need to take a break, and don't feel comfortable just sitting out in the hall, come down and knock on my door." She offers, to which I nod.

"Okay. Thank you, Miss Odinsdottir." I smile at her. "You're welcome Y/n."