Pain

My entire body begins to shake as a sob wrecks through the still air. I drop to my knees, asking myself what I did wrong. Will I ever be enough, enough for them to stay?

I've never had a.. constant. Somebody who sticks with me no matter my flaws.

She hit me. She actually hit me. I never thought she would, but I knew I was wrong the second I felt the first blow to my jaw. I dropped to my knees, covering myself as she begin to punch me, over and over.

The final hit landed on my neck, sending immense pain down my spine. Tears ran silently down my face as my shaking body layed on the kitchen floor. "Fucking cunt.." She spat at me before walking out.

That was the day the abuse started. I was.. 13. I didn't understand the sudden, change. I still believe it's my fault. That I ruined our relationship.

I just want her to love me.. can't I be enough for once? I poured my heart and soul out to her, and shes turned against me. I'm a disappointment, the black sheep of the family. I guess I've gotten used to being treated like a stranger.

My bestfriends mom pulls up to where I work to pick me up from my shift.

"Hey." I say with a weak smile as I get into the car. "Hey Y/n." Hela answers back. There's a bruise on my jaw and the bridge of my nose, as well as all over my back, which she seems to take notice of because she doesnt bother to press on the gas, but stares at me.

"What?" I ask as I look at her. "Y/n, how long?" She asks. I tilt my head in confusion. "How long has she been doing this to you.." She clarifies, earning a shaky sighs as I try to cover the dark purple bruises.

"F-four years. Four years, Hela." I respond, not looking at her. She sighs softly as I look out the window, rain drops racing down it. My eyes slowly fill with tears as my lip trembles. "Look at me." She demands in a soft yet stern voice.

I slowly turn to look at her as she leans forward a bit. "Its gonna be okay." She reassures in a gentle tone.

She wraps me in a hug and places her hand on the back of my head, softly stroking my hair. "It's alright." She comforts me as I hide my face in her neck.

"You can stay with us for as long as you like, Y/n." She offers. I sniffle and cling onto her. She is like my second mom, I've known her my whole life. "I'll get those bruises taken care of when we get to the house, okay?" She says, and I nod. "O-okay.."

I sigh and lay my head on her shoulder, tears still rolling down my face as she holds me.

"Don't worry.. I'm gonna help you." She whispers softly and rubs my back.