Drugs

This is based off the song, Drugs- by Tai Verdes :)
•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•
Bringing the paper joint to my lips, I light it and inhale. The bitter taste filling my mouth, I sigh in relief.

I look back as I hear my back door open and close. Hela walks out onto the porch. "What are you doing?" She asks. I don't wanna tell my girlfriend I smoke this weed. I look back at her. "Drugs." I say with a small laugh, which she clearly didn't find funny.

"Not hard ones, just ones that change my mind up." I answer to ease her mind. "Why?" She asks as she walks behind me, wrapping her arms around my waist. "Sometimes I don't care, sometimes I cry too, sometimes life's a little hard to get used to." I reply.

She nods and kisses my neck. "But, you don't need them, do you?" She whispers into my ear. "I only need it sorta kinda.." I take another hit off of the joint before tossing it.

"Occasionally, I forget to sleep, I have to remind myself that I gotta eat three times a day this week. This is my reminder, Hels." I whisper as I look up at the starry sky. She nods and kisses my cheek, resting her chin on my shoulder.

"Okay." She says with a small smile. "Whatever helps you, baby. I'm here." She replies before turning me around and kissing me softly.

Smiling at her actions, I pick her up. "I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too baby."

This is different from what I normally write, but I was listening to that song and thought, "why not?"