Chapter 21

Divya

I felt immense pain near my forehead and slowly opening my eyes I looked around my surroundings.

I saw Arjun sitting on the floor next to me holding my hand in his and lying his head on the edge of the bed.

"Arjun", I softly called out

He hummed in sleep and suddenly got up and looked at me with his widen eyes.

"Divi", he whispered

He sat infront of me and pulled me in his arms crushing me into his well built body. I felt my shoulder getting wet and realised Arjun was crying.

I hugged his back caressing his hair.

"Shh Arjun, I'm fine.. please don't cry", I said

He backed off and wiping his tears he cupped my face.

"How are you feeling now, should I call the doctor?", He asked worried

Am I that important to him that he can even cry for my well being? I wondered and I was left clueless..

"No Arjun, I'm fine now.. just a little headache", I said

Suddenly I felt the flashes again infront of me. After almost fucking three years I saw him today.. and I just couldn't think of anything else than what happened before.. those days.. that eight months of my life!!

"Divi", I heard Arjun call

Calm down Divi, you can't fall weak.. remember what Arjun said? I should fight, overcome all my fears and be strong standing on my own feet.. I can't let him spoil my present anymore.

"Divya", Arjun called again

"Yeah, sorry.. I was a little zoned out", I said trying to control my tears

He dint reply any but took me into his arms softly caressing my hair. I too wrapped my arms around his waist softly weeping on his shoulder.

I don't know how long we stayed in the same position, but for the first time I felt I can stay my lifetime like this.. in his arms.. without any conversation.. just with the assurance that, he's there!!

"You are safe Divi, it's just me.. please don't cry", he said

I slowly backed off and found his face dead close to mine and suddenly I felt everything else running away from my mind and it's only him now!

I looked into his eyes which held something which I couldn't know what.. while his hands where still on my waist, and mine on his hands and our eyes on eachother, I felt everything freeze around me..

He slowly moved his hands to my cheeks cupping them and backing off a little and softly placed a peck on my forehead and I involuntarily closed my eyes with his touch.

"Thanks Arjun", I whispered

"How are you feeling?", He asked again

"I'm fine, please don't worry.. and how come I'm at your house?", I asked

"You fainted half way to the exit, so I felt it wasn't right to take you to your house as your parents might be worried.. so got you here", he said

"Did you inform Anu?", I asked

"Yeah, Anu and Aarav where here a while ago and left with your brother's insistence", he informed

"Bhai was here?", I asked

"Yeah, Anu informed him and he came immediately.. but suddenly he got some important work which he couldn't pospone so had to go leaving with me", he said