Chapter 40

Arjun

I was taken down a while later and was waiting near the mandap for the love of my life and my to be wife to come and sit next to me.

Where are you Divi.. come soon!!

I looked aside and saw my Divi descending down the stairs like an angel on earth along with Bhai, Anu and aunty along with her.

I kept looking at her and found my surroundings freeze..

She's drop dead gorgeous!!!

We are kind off matching I guess

We are kind off matching I guess.. why am I feeling nervous all of a sudden again?

She looked up at me and passed a small smile to which I returned with a wide smile.. she's going to be mine!!

She sat next to me and I slowly held her hand in mine and bent to her ear whispering "It's alright darling, don't worry".

I know what she must be feeling right now, being a boy I only felt nervous initially and being a girl I could assume how she would feel.. she's gonna leave her family and come with me trusting me and I know even if it looks easy, it isn't actually..

She smiled nodding and at me and adjusted herself and pandit ji started the nessasary while we followed what we where told to do.

We took the seven rounds promising myself that I would fulfill all the duties.. we sat back and it was the time to fill her partition..

I took a pinch of sindoor and filled it neatly on her partition and she was already looking at me and I saw a small smile forming her lips.

I took the nuptial chain and tied it around her neck while I could feel her breath on my face.

"You both are married now", declared pandit ji

"Congratulations Mrs. Divya Arjun Malhotra", I whispered bending towards her

"Congrats to you too Mr. Arjun Malhotra", she smiled back

"I love you Divi", I held her hand

"I love you too Arjun", she looked at me

I stood up and held Divya helping her to stand coz I know she was facing difficulty with her dress.. we went and took blessings from all the elders there..

I don't know what I'm feeling right now.. I'm feeling happy, nervous, something that I'm unable to name..

I just wish to keep my Divya happy always.. I can't afford to disappoint Divi at any point of time.. she's my responsibility now and I'll make sure to keep her happy and safe always.

I held her hand in mine and she looked at me smiling..

"Don't worry", I said sensing her

"I'm fine", she smiled