Chapter 49

Divya

I wokeup with a jerk sweating badly.. it was a dream! Wait, no! It's more of what actually happened which is still haunting me..

I bought my knees close to me hugging them and softly sobbing over my life.. why me?

I still remember the initial days after I left from him.. mom dad and Bhai where very concerned about me of what happened but I choose to keep it between me and Arjun alone.

Mom kept asking me to talk to Arjun again, dad somehow haven't spoke any but I know how much tensed he is.. and Bhai, I see him crying for me everyday..

I felt very guilty for making everyone cry coz of me.. not a single day I came out of my room and kept sitting in my balcony in a hope that may be.. may be he would come for me..

And I was so wrong, he never came once.. I heard he was asking about me to Bhai but not once he came to talk to me again..

I couldn't help but just cry for him every minute but I realized I can't keep doing this my entire life.. I see mom dad and Bhai being scared for me..

A divorce is surely not a small thing, hearing about any seperation is itself bad and when there own daughter is divorced I don't know what they are going through.

And not to forget the society out there, it always raises a finger on a girl and it's me now.. I heard people saying it's my fault that Arjun left me, how can they even decide it's my fault for our seperation?

We are equally part of the relationship we shared, and how can they blame me all alone?

Maa, papa also called me to ask what actually happened and that's when I realized Arjun also haven't said anything. A week passed by and I felt myself a burden in there life's.. may be just like Arjun felt me a burden, they also do?

And now all these thoughts have become a burden to my heart.. so I decided to leave Mumbai only, I can't stay here anymore and mostly this isn't giving me peace.

I might not be happy ever after what happened, he's the first person to enter and conquer by reserved heart and if not him then it's none.. I know moving on isn't even there in my life now but I should have peace of mind to move ahead atleast.

I took an emergency transfer in my company and shifted to Kolkata, no one wanted me to do this and I know no one wanted me to go away atleast at this point of life.

Mom, dad, maa, papa, Bhai, Nidhi Di, Anu, Aarav everyone came knowing about my decision.. but the person I wanted never showed up!!

Everyone requested me to stay back but I somehow couldn't and the feeling of being a burden was still haunting me.

10 days after I came back, I moved to Kolkata to start it fresh..

And that's when I met Aadhya, my roommate and thankfully she was sweet enough to understand my needed space yet was always there for me.

It took me around three months to have a stable life without my constant nightmares and frequent headaches.

My doctor said I need peace of mind and should not take any stress.. but I couldn't control my emotions with him in my mind and heart always.

It was only when I took the medications I felt better and slowly got even better and soon my nightmares where also gone.. I was again physically good, but my mental health was still the same.

It took me more four months to fight with myself to bring back the real me, although the pain my heart bears remains the same I feel I'm doing better in my life now.