Lies

I didn't skate at practice because my skates were at home. I sat in the bench, watching the guys practice and occasionally giving directions. I got a few funny looks from Geno and Robert; They knew who's clothes I was wearing.

When Johnston sent them to the weight room, I followed. I didn't really have anything to record at this point in time; the guys were making steady progress and no one was injured, yet, knock on wood. I walked around, talking to them, and making sure that they weren't being idiots.

"So, you were busy last night," Robert said, he looked up at me from under his lashes as he adjusted some equipment.

"What?" I asked, not sure what he was getting at. He reached out and pulled at the sleeve of Sidney's shirt. It slid down my shoulder a little, revealing the mark he had left a few days ago.

"Nothing happened."

"Really? You're wearing his clothes and you have a mark here," he tapped it, "And I know I didn't leave it. You stopped me before I got that far."

"I didn't get it last night," I hissed, smacking his hand away. "And nothing happened yesterday."

"You both disappeared and no one heard from either of you until this morning," Robert wasn't looking at me. Was he offended? I thought we were just going to be friends!

"Yeah, my phone died."

"And you didn't charge it?" Robert was skeptical.

"I didn't have a charger..." I realized where this was going. He was trying to get me to prove his suspicions.

"So you went somewhere without a charger, and where you could leave with Sidney's clothes... hmm, his house, perhaps?" Rob was being rather snarky and I could tell he was angry.

"Great job Mr. Holmes," I rolled my eyes.

"So I was right?"

"Yes. You got it right. Congrats."

"No need to be so irritable, I was just asking questions," he was just as irritated as I was.

"Why are you so upset? It's my life," I said.

"Don't worry about it; it's nothing," he said. I turned away, but then he stopped me, "Erin, wait."

I turned back, "What?"

"What are you doing today?"

"Nothing," I said, not sure why he had changed his mood so quickly.

"Do you want to go to lunch?" He smiled at me, back to his usual self.

"Umm, sure?" I said.

"Good, I'll pick you up," Robert said and went back to working out.

I continued walking around, tapping my pen on my clipboard. "What did Bortuzzo want?" Sidney asked.

"He wanted to know what happened to us last night. Well, not you," I replied, scanning the gym.

"What's it to him? I oughta-"

"Nothing. You ought to do nothing. He's your teammate, and you need to calm down."

"You think I'm just going to let this go? I'm the captain-"

"And I'm the coach. You're going to mind your own damn business and stay out of it," I turned my full attention to him, "Do you hear me, Crosby?"

He smirked a little, then in a low voice, "You're really sexy when you order me around like that."

"Crosby," I glared at him. Secretly, I was flattered.

"I don't know, I might need you to reign me in..."