Chapter 1 [Since When I'm A Champion?]

The strange men dressed in brown robes paid no mind to Tsubaki's words. Instead, they focused on another man who was dressed in a white robe adorned with golden threads. He was a fully grown man with blonde hair. His sharp green eyes stared intensively at them, calculating.

Tsubaki could take a guess and easily assumed that he was a higher ranking compared to the rest. Though she did raise a brow at the large golden staff decorated with a purple gem at the top that he was holding. Well, that isn't strange at all.

"The spell couldn't possibly have gone wrong..." She didn't like how the white-robed man frowned at them. "Place the sacred weapons before them and see if they'll react to them," he ushered some other men who had carried what seems to be actual weapons. Four men were carrying a single weapon as they approached them. As the weapon was covered with white cloth, Tsubaki caught sight of some old and rusty metal of the worn-out weapons peeking through.

"What do you think you're doing?!" A brunette girl glared at them in caution. Yet they still approached closer as the weapons they held began to glow. The glow grew brighter as each step the men had taken approaching them.

A gasp was heard from a blonde girl that was standing closest to her. And Tsubaki wouldn't blame her as she too was staring in disbelief as those mentioned weapons had floated towards them. What the hell?

All four of them had taken a step back, alarmed that the weapons that were floating right before their very eyes. They were either high or those weapons were really possessed.

"Now, take hold of your respective weapon." The white robe man had ordered them.

"What?" Tsubaki snapped her head at the male. They—she especially wasn't gonna touch some rusty-ass sword just because it was floating right before her. It could've been cursed or something.

"Just do it!" His voice grew louder and harsher until the four girls hesitantly grabbed hold of the weapons. They didn't know these men nor do they know where they are so unable to take any risk, they should follow what they asked of them until they have a better plan of getting home.

Tsubaki's eyes widened as the once rusty sword was now glistening in red and gold. More murmuring and whispered emerged as she along with the other three girls she brought with was holding weapons that now looked polished and new.

"This proves it, they're the four destined champions...." The white-robed man stared intensively at them. Tsubaki flinched when he suddenly shifted his gaze at her. "You have been bestowed the Vermilion Sword. You must be Lord Imlios's Champion..."

"W-What?" The short-haired girl knitted her brows. Who? And she didn't recall being anyone's champion, much less some lord. Her grip on the sword simply tightened.

"And the Amber Bow...it had chosen you, Lord Udenar's Champion." Tsubaki followed his gaze to the blonde girl who was holding a golden bow beside her. Tsubaki watched her in concern as she caught notice of the slight trembling of the girl's knees. Poor girl, she must be terrified.

"And you're Lady Ennja's Champion with the Verdant Axe...." The white-robed man now drifted his gaze to that of the angry brunette.

"You all are crazy..." Tsubaki heard her mutter, still glaring at the men before them. The brunette girl gripped tight on her axe that was in a coat of green. Tsubaki could see that she wanted nothing more than to use that very weapon on these men.

Ignoring the brunette's hostility, the white-robed man simply turned to look at the final girl. "And lastly, Lady Tynulla's Champion, seeing you have been bestowed the Azure Trident..."

The raven-haired girl didn't say a word. She had kept quiet the whole time, merely keeping her vacant stare on the robed men.

After acknowledging them one by one, the white-robed man nodded. "There's no mistake, these are our Heroes that would save our kingdom from peril" he was no longer staring at them, now turned to his fellow robed-men. He commanded, "bring them forth to the King at once!"