Chapter 2 [I Didn't Even Returned With the Milk]

Caution: Light Mention of Self-Abuse/Self-Harm ***

————————————————————

"And here's your rooms, young heroes," the woman bowed down as they arrived at their rooms. Four rooms close to one another. Easy to reach and convenient as the woman politely informed which rooms were who's and offered any assistance.

"We'll be alright. Thank you," Erina smiled at the woman before she had left as the rest wandered into one of the rooms. Kiyo on the way here had suggested they should meet up in her room. The brunette wanted them to talk in privacy with the peering eyes of unfamiliar nobles and royalty.

Upon entering the room, they were marveled at the designs. With awe, they admired the elegant and rich designs that they probably never witnessed before with their own eyes. One that was a mix of Victorian and medieval aspects wrapped with a fantasy tone.

"Wow, they got really nice rooms here," Tsubaki whistled in awe, never before had she stayed in a castle much less in a fantasy world. She happily plopped herself on a soft-looking couch.

Yumi too took a seat beside her, letting out a tired sigh. They all were more than just exhausted. It had been quite an eventful day.

"U-Um..." Erina nervously fiddled with her fingers, glancing eagerly at them. "I know we all just met but did any of you remember what had happened before you were summoned?" she had fumbled a bit in her words, worried that the rest wouldn't be so keen to answer...

Tsubaki reassuredly smiled at her. The poor had been a jittery mess since they were summoned.

"Well, I remember I was just coming home after buying some groceries when...um" she tried to recall the previous event, scrunching her nose. "Oh! I had stopped to play with a cute kitten when this light came out of nowhere and poof!" The short-haired girl clasped her hands. "I am here"

"Hmm, that's pretty much the same for me," Kiyo sighed, sitting herself down in a single armchair. "I was in my room, reading an ordinary book when there was this light...and you know the rest," She rested her chin against her leaning knuckle. "It was so spontaneous...."

Erina had furrowed her brows over their answers. "I see..." She then shifted her gaze towards Yumi. "And you? King-san?"

"You can just call me Yumi," the raven-haired girl leaned back. "Anyway, my experience was nothing different from yours," she hummed before her face turned slightly irritated. "Though, I never thought coming to Japan would lead me to...this"

Tsubaki let out a small laugh, "I'm guessing you don't watch much anime, do you?"

Most Japanese, especially Otaku, would be familiar with the Isekai trope. Though, she didn't expect it to actually happen to her—Tsubaki sweatdropped at the thought. She would never underestimate the power of this scary genre ever again.

Yumi merely shook her head, no. The quiet girl actually never had much interest in those sorts of media entertainment. She preferred reading novels instead.

"Then you're up for a big surprise," Tsubaki snickered a bit before her grey eyes caught sight of the concern on Erina's face. "Hey....you okay?"

Erina simply gave her a grim smile. "I'm just worried. I practically disappeared right before my younger sister..."

They looked at her in pity. They could only imagine how terrified the young girl must be. To witness her sister disappear before her very eyes...the worst of it, no one would ever believe her...

Thinking about it, how are their families reacting to their disappearance? Their parents must be absolutely frightened, unable to find them.

Tsubaki's body froze at the sudden realization. Worse, her mother could have been blaming herself, saying she should've never left the house. "T-Then we just gotta defeat the Demon King..." She forced a fearless grin, her hands gripping her shaking knees. "...a-and we can go home!" She wanted to reassure them but it seemed like she was barely confident herself.