Prologue

◢✥◣

◥✥◤

◥✥◤

The carriage rocked with each turn, a creak here and there would sound but the idea of it falling apart wasn't of any concern. It was simply just the road itself, with each small little pebble and each crack breaking the once perfect surface.

Each curtain that lined the inside of the carriage was pulled back allowing the light from outside to flood the interior.

Bright blue skies and cotton candy-like clouds filled the air, meanwhile, the bright shrubbery and plant life below remained a vibrant green letting all who gaze upon them know it was the midst of spring.

Turning off onto a branching road the carriage pulled up before a large house, that of which rivaled any others you've seen.

With a roof that stretched out into the sky and a pale coral coloured exterior the house itself seemed to have more character than all the others that were passed by and unlike the others, this one sported small trees dotting the front garden as well as little flowers.

"So what do you think?" A soft voice spoke up from the seat across, the woman's gloved hand softly reached out adjusting the curtain as though it was obscuring her view.

"It's pretty." The words were simply, portraying your thoughts in their rawest form without any need to sugarcoat them. "Is dad here already?"

A low hum left the woman, her shoulders rolled back before she leaned away from the window, her lips pulled into a small smile. "He should be talking with the neighbors. They seem like kind people and from what I hear they have a son that you could be friends with."

Bobbing your head to let her know you'd been listening, your eyes remained on the structure. This would be the second large house you'd lived in, the last one simply just too far from where you and your family needed to be.

"How long are we staying here for?"

Tapping one of her delicate fingers against the seat the woman smiled once more, "Well we're hoping that this can be our permanent house. After all it's closer to where we need to be."

And thus that was the beginning.

◥✥◤