Chapter 69

◢✥◣

◥✥◤

◥✥◤

Having moved to stand beside the others and watch the remainder of the fight you found it cute how Anne right away ran towards the railing right beside you, the smaller girl sparing a glance towards you before looking into the water.

You had assumed she was still confused about what was happening but wanted to feel included regardless.

Casting your gaze across the water's surface you watched Jotaro break through the surface, "That's my grandson for you! Well done, Jotaro! Hurry and come u-" Moving to throw the boats life safer Joseph was interrupted as a loud boom sounded, the entire vessel shook from the noise.

"A bomb! He planted a bomb!" Yelling that out you right away moved to tug Anne behind you, the smaller girl opened her mouth to protest yet nothing came out.

Running ahead of the group Avdol began pointing towards sections of the boat waving his hands as though he were directing planes, "Everyone, hurry to the emergency boats!" Without hesitation, the entire boat evacuated onto smaller wooden boats.

Your little group in one and the crew in a few others.

Having taken up a spot by the front of the smaller boat a few hours or so had passed, and the constant bobbing of the vessel in response to the ocean's waves merely drew out a low groan from you.

"When do you think we're going to start seeing other boats?" Shifting in place as though it would help you become more comfortable, your eyes trailed towards Polnareff who'd been seated closest to where you'd been.

Letting out a long sigh he leaned back onto the boat's edge, head tilting up while the man closed his eyes. "Beats me, but I hope it's soon. Floating around the ocean doesn't exactly sound that adventurous in my opinion." Finishing with that a long sigh followed, something you mimicked in order to show you agreed with what he was saying.

Opening your mouth to speak Anne's voice from the back of the boat called out, her small arm reaching out to point towards something. "Everyone, look!" Following where she was pointing your eyes trailed upwards to see a massive freighter, something you were confused as to why nobody had spotted it before.

"Doesn't anyone find it weird how none of us noticed a ginormous ship nor that there doesn't seem to be any crew to help us?" Calling that out you shifted in place to sit more along the front of the boat, eyes lingering on the stairs that have been lowered.

Clicking his tongue, Jotaro eyed the ship skeptically as well, "It's very weird." Agreeing with what you'd said the ebony haired man became quiet right after.

"Weird or not they came all this way to rescue us." Being the first to hop off the boat and onto the stairs Polnareff peered back towards the group, "There has to be someone abroad even if they're all stand users, I'm getting on this ship." Declaring that the white haired man began climbing the stairs.