Chapter 10

◢✥◣

◥✥◤

◥✥◤

Having walked into the secondary kitchen a hum left your lips, earlier on you'd made sure that whatever you needed to make said pies would be present.

"Can you wash the apples?" Asking that your attention trailed towards where Dio stood seeing him move off towards the room's windows craning open the blinds to allow more light in. His gaze moved back towards where you stood afterward causing you to let out a huff. "Please?"

Clicking his tongue the blond moved off towards where the basket was, "Only because you asked so politely." Musing that out and pushing the basket closer towards the sink he turned the water on tossing the bunch of apples into the sink.

Hearing him mutter a few things you simply rolled your eyes moving off towards the stove, pulling out a pan and placing it on top you reached back towards the kitchen island snagging the butter from on it and settling it into the pan.

Proceeding to mix a few more things into the pot till a sauce like consistency was formed a soft hum left your lips. Pulling it off the heat and setting it to the side you turned in place going to begin peeling the apples only to see Dio had cut you to it.

The blond moved diligently to take off the apples green skin proceeding afterward to cut them into small slices, "I assumed this is what you were going to do?" Glancing up towards where you stood a brow arched in question.

Momentarily at a loss for words, you cleared your throat briefly moving to bring over a large bowl, "Yeah but it seems like you already pieced things together." Sliding the bowl closer and scooping in the few apples he had cut you then raised a small container of cinnamon sprinkling it overtop. "You do surprisingly well in the kitchen."

"I'm cutting apples. If that's doing well then your standards for a man in the kitchen must be below sea level." Letting out a scoff before speaking Dio watched you once again roll your eyes, although a slight smile had stretched out across your lips.

Waiting for the rest of the apples to be cut up you'd added more cinnamon before adding the cooled down sauce from before, being sure to mix everything together till all the slices appeared coated.

Moving back to begin prepping the pie crust you stilled in place having the straps of something thrown over your head, "You'll get your dress dirty at this rate." Peering down towards what was thrown over you, your eyes landed on the fabric of an apron, the back of which was being tied by the blond haired boy.

"Oh, thank you." Remaining still so that he could properly tie the back of the apron he pulled away not even a few seconds after letting out a slight huff but not saying anything. His eyes trailed up towards the side of your face, a feeling of accomplishment filled him upon seeing the slight pink tint creeping across your face.

"You need flour don't you?" Beginning with that and stepping around the kitchen island Dio pulled out a large bag setting it on top of the table, he knew vaguely what was needed to make a pie and merely assumed that flour would've been one of the main ingredients in making the crust.