Chapter 6

Hayley's POV

I wake up to the sound of Hopes alarm. I rub my eyes softly and turn onto my side and grab my phone off the nightstand to check It. I had a few texts from my parents, one was from my mom asking how I was feeling and the other was my dad asking if I could help him ride some of the horses. I texted both of them back before setting my phone back down and getting out of bed. I stretched my legs and grabbed clothes so I could change while Hope was in the bathroom.

You wanna head down to grab some breakfast? Asks Hope as she walks out of the bathroom, putting her toothbrush back in her mouth after she asks the question.

Sounds perfect to me, just need to brush my hair and teeth, and then I'll be ready to go down. I say walking into the bathroom, she finishes while I brush my hair and throw It into a ponytail. After I'm done with my hair I brush my teeth and grab my car keys, wallet, and room key.

Hope and I make our way to the elevator and head down to the dining hall. I grab a bowl and put some oatmeal in It. We also grabbed some fruit and we both made a coffee, JJ, Emily, and Lindsey were sitting at one of the tables already so we decided to sit with them. We talk while we eat until were finished. I pull my phone out of my pocket since I felt it buzz.

Everything okay? Asks Hope

Yeah everything is okay, my dad needs some help at the ranch, so ill probably head over there to lend a hand. I reply and text my dad back, letting him know ill be there within the next hour or so.

"Are you not allowed to ride because of your concussion?" Asks Hope

"I can't barrel race or bull ride but I'm still going to ride. That's what my dad needs help with." I reply putting my phone into my pocket.

"Is that safe?" Asks Hope

"Yeah, I'm very careful when riding. If I end up feeling off then ill get off and stop. I say reassuring her since I could tell she was concerned.

"You better." says Hope and I cant help but smile at how concerned and protective she is.

We finish dinner and some of the girls are deciding to go shopping, Hope decided to go with them while I head to my parents house. I throw my stuff away and head out to the parking lot. I unlock my car and get in. I buckle up and drive to my parents house.

I was happy Hope didn't ask to come with me today. It actually gives me a chance to figure out what were gonna do tonight for our date. I wanted it to be special. So far I think were gonna do a Horse ride and end it off with a movie? I don't know, I have time to figure it out. I head inside the house and change into some clothes that I don't care about getting dirty in. I grab my boots and put them on before heading over to the barn. My dad was in the garden.

Can you put the horses in the front pasture? Let me know once they are out and ill go clean the stalls. If you could feed the horses that would be great. He says looking up at me.

Sure thing. I say heading to the barn and I decided to let lightning out first. I put his halter on and walk him out of the stall before tying it to the fence so I can also grab lucky. I walk both of them to the front pasture and lock the door behind me so they don't wonder out. I do the same thing with the rest of the horses. Once everyone is out I start grabbing the feed buckets and filling them up. My dad was still in the garden so I decided to help clean some of the stalls. He walks over about 20 minutes later and he starts on the other side.

Are you feeling up to riding some of the horses? He asks

Yeah I feel good, I promise if I start to not feel well I'll stop. I say