Chapter 28

Hayley's POV

Its finally moving day! Since I  was still dealing with some dizziness, I  decided to take a break from bull riding and barrel racing until it goes away. I was excited to move in with Hope and to play soccer again. Although I told Hope that i would  take it easy, and I would need to tell told Hope and the coaching staff that If I ever got dizzy while playing that I would stop immediately, and they would switch me out. They agreed and said my minutes would probably be limited anyways since I was just coming back from injury.

I grab the last box off off my bed and head downstairs and out the door to my truck. I didn't plan on bringing all of my belongings with me since I knew I was going to visit home whenever I could so that I could still help my parents.

Hayley gets in the driver seat and head to her house and put the last of the boxes that she didn't need in there before heading back to the main house.

"You still leaving in the morning?" Asks her Mom|

"Thats the plan." Says Hayley

"How long is the drive to Seattle?" She asks

"Its 36 hours, but I plan to drive 8-10 hours every day. Obviously if I'm dizzy, I won't drive. I will probably take at least one day for a break in the middle of it. I'm not in a rush to get there. I think our first practice is in two weeks from now so I should have a week to recover from all the driving and to get used to the area." Says Hayley

"Well, please be careful. I know driving has been scary for you since the accident." She says

"I promise I will be careful; driving has actually been better now that I've gotten back into it and its become normal for me again." Says Hayley

"Well how about we order Chinese from your favorite take out place for dinner." She says

"Sounds good to me. I'm going to go see if dad needs any help with anything. If he doesn't, I will probably go for a short ride and then take care of the night feed." Says Hayley

"Okay honey, be careful." She says

"Always" says Hayley as she walks out of the main house and over to the barn where her dad is currently tending to the horses.

"Hey Dad, do you need any help with anything?" She asks

"No, I'm just about wrapped up thank you though. If you could handle the night feed that would be great. I need to go check on something on the east end of the property." He says

"Of course, if you want I can do the morning feed before I leave in the morning." she says

If you would like too, if not I can do it." He says

Hayley nods before getting one of the horses ready to ride. She hops on and begins on one of the trails. She stayed out until the sun was starting to set before heading back to the barn. She took off the saddle and got the horse back in the stall before grabbing all the feeding buckets, getting everyone the correct feed before putting it back in the stalls so they could eat.

She walks back to the main house as her mom leaves to go get the Chinese food. This allows you to go up to your room and shower before dinner.

You arrive downstairs as your mom arrives with dinner. You sit down and eat with your parents before heading up to your room making sure everything is packed. I spend the rest of the night with my parents before heading upstairs and heading to bed.

*Next morning*

My alarm went off early, I get out of bed and get dressed before I put my boots on and grab a jacket since It was pretty chilly outside due to the early morning.

I head to the barn and feed all the horses, once they were finished I let them out in the pasture while I clean their stalls so my dad didn't have to worry about It.

I kinda felt bad that I was leaving them, they were getting older and my dad's health lately hasn't been the best, I'm worried for him and I know my mom is also worried. I planned on flying in and visiting them as much as I could to help out, there's also some upcoming horse events I wanted to attend.

Once I finish cleaning the stalls, I head inside and shower before getting clean clothes on. I throw my clothes in for a quick wash before throwing them in my duffle bag. I head downstairs and my parents are awake eating breakfast.

"Horses are fed, stalls are cleaned and I already put them in the pasture." I say

"Thank you." Says my dad

"Of course." I say

"Do you want some breakfast before you go?" Asks my mom

"Sure, thank you." I say as I grab a plate and eat some breakfast.

It was around 7:30 in the morning by now, I wanted to be on the road by 8. I say goodbye to my parents before heading out snd saying bye to the horses one last time before getting in my truck and starting the long drive to my new home.

I ended up driving 10 hours before deciding to stop at a hotel for the night. Once I checked in I decided to change and go for a run to stretch my legs before coming back to the hotel and showering and ordering room service.

I FaceTimed Hope for a while before calling It a night and heading to bed, the plan was the same as today, I wanted to be on the road by 8:00 am, that way I could finish by 6:00-7:00 so I had time to get a walk or run in.

__________________________________

So sorry for the lack of updates on this story! Thanks for reading!