Chapter 9

Hayley's pov

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, I grab my phone off my nightstand, It was 6:30 am. I get up and hop in the shower, I get dressed and head into the kitchen, I grab a protein drink and my carry on bag. I was really excited to surprise Hope. Since my flight was so early I needed to decide on if I wanted to surprise her at her house or wait those 2-3 hours to surprise her at the game. I guess I still have time to decide.

I head out of the house and to my truck. My mom offered to get up and drive my truck home so I didn't need to pay for my car sitting at the airport. The drive to the airport was about a half hour. My flight leaves at 9:30 and It was around 7:30 when I arrived at the airport. I got out and hugged my mom before heading inside, I get checked in and go through security before making my way to the terminal. I stopped at Starbucks to get a coffee. I take a seat in one of the chairs and wait for my flight to be called.

Once it's called I hand the lady my ticket so she can scan It and I head down that long hallway to get to my plane. I take a seat in one of the empty rows by the window, in case someone ends up sitting next to me. I made sure my phone and Apple Watch are on airplane mode so they don't interfere with the flight. I had a 30 minute layover In Minneapolis so I'll be flying for the next 6 hours and 45 ish minutes.

*Skipping the flight*

3 movies, and a 30 minute layover later and I've finally landed in Seattle. I had my carry on with me so I didn't need to head to baggage claim so I headed straight through and out of the airport. I had already set up an Uber to be here once I got here. I told them I was outside and they pulled up a few minutes later. Megan said I could crash at her apartment until the game. She thought It would be better for me to wait to surprise her so she was focused for the game, I agreed I want her to be focused and ready.

I pay the driver and head to Megan's doorstep. I knock and she opens the door. She lets me in and hugs me, I hug her back.

"I gotta leave in like an hour, if you want to come with me you can and we can put you up in the family box. Hope is weird and likes to be there really early so I'm sure she will already be there by the time I get there." She yells while she's in her room probably finishing getting ready. I was seated on the couch in the living room.

"Sure sounds good to me." I say

"Oh I got your roses you asked for, they are in a vase in the kitchen!" She says

"Thanks so much, how much do I owe you?" I ask

"Nothing." She says

"Megan, how much do I owe youuu?"I say dragging out the u at the end.

"You don't have to pay me back, seriously it's not a big deal."She says walking out of her room and back into the family area.

"Thank you" I say

She grabs her keys and I grab my bag and the roses, I secretly ended up leaving $20 for the roses, hopefully she'll find It after I'm gone.  I had secretly bought a Hope Solo jersey so I had changed into that before we left.  We head to her car and she drives to the stadium.

"Hope's car is already here so you don't have to worry about her seeing you." Says Megan as she pulls into the parking lot, I put my bag in the back and I follow Megan to the family booth, the stadium was getting ready to let everyone in.

30 minutes later and the stadium started filling up and both teams took the field to warm up. I take a seat in the front row of the booth and the game starts.

The score ended up being 0-0, Hope made 4 huge saves even denying Marta her penalty. She was awesome, everyone was.  With security's help, I had made my way down to the field. Hope was turned away from me and taking a picture. I grabbed the roses.  Megan came up next to me.